6 Reasons Why the Siberian Husky Is The Ideal Family Pet

Siberian Huskies are the 12th most popular dog breed in the United States

2228

Not all dogs are set to be family companions. Some are more cut out to be guardians or a working force. Among 197 AKC registered dog breeds and so many unique crossbreeds, it's hard to find the ideal dog to suit your family needs.

Siberian Huskies are the 12th most popular dog breed in the United States. This says enough about how loved they are. A family with kids would be much happier with a dog, but a family with a Siberian Husky would truly be blessed.

If you're still not convinced the Siberian Husky is the ideal family pet for you, then take a look at top 6 reasons why Huskies are simply… spectacular!

1)The Siberian Husky breed is a generally good-natured breed.

Friendly and gentle, the Siberian Husky is described as an outgoing breed with lots of love and affection towards its owners. Huskies are one of the kindest pups out there, frequently called nanny dogs. Having one in your household would certainly enrich your life.

2)Huskies are independent and free-spirited.

Even though they've got so much love to share, Huskies are simply not the kind of dogs that will always be in your way. They know how to give you space, since they expect the same in return. An adult Husky is dignified and sometimes reserved. Still, they don't lack love in any case.

3) Surprisingly, the Siberian Husky is not a high-maintenance dog.

It all has to do with Husky's origins. They were bred as dogs that don't require much food to perform well on strenuous tasks. They need quality dog food, but it's not an issue if you see your Husky pup rejecting a meal from time to time. Also, a big pro for this dog breed is the fact Huskies are naturally clean dogs. They're odor-free, and the only thing you need to do to ensure a shiny coat is brush frequently.

4)They never let you experience boredom.

Huskies are energetic animals. Their stamina bar almost never gets emptied. While Huskies can live in apartments, it would be the ideal case scenario if your Husky could live in a home with a spacious yard. Huskies enjoy spending time outdoors in the fresh air. Since they were once used as sled dogs, today's Huskies need a purpose and an activity to keep them busy. So, the next time you want to go for a run, take your Husky with you. It will be easier to pull extra miles with an adorable buddy next to you!

5)Huskies are the envy of every dog park

With their unique silver and white coat, and different-colored eyes, an average Husky is the true gem in the canine world. But, that's not all. These pups come in a variety of coat colors, as well as stunning eye colors. When a Husky gazes into your eyes you can see all the love reflecting in those icy blues. Sure, all dogs are pretty, but you'll agree there's something special about these pupsters.

6)Even Husky mixes are great dogs!

Sometimes it won't be that easy to find a Siberian Husky. But, don't abandon all your hopes. You can still get one of the amazing Siberian Husky mixes! Take the Gerberian Shepsky, or the German Shepherd Husky mix for an example. This is another terrific family dog with strong Husky traits shining through.

So, are you ready to give a Siberian Husky a forever home?