6 Reasons To Attend On-Campus Events

6 Reasons To Attend On-Campus Events

They are more beneficial than you might think.

2247
6 Reasons To Attend On-Campus Events
wdez.com

At any given time during the school year, your university's events calendar is always full of various opportunities. Whether you have an interest in athletics, theater or anything in between, there are bound to be some activities that will grab your undivided attention. And although the average college student has a lot of other priorities, it is still important to make the most out of your time in college. Without further ado, here are several reasons why you should attend on-campus events.

1. They are often free.

As a broke college student, I know how hard it can be to find enough money to pay the bills. It seems like a huge stretch when we are expected to pay for every little thing we want to attend. However, many of the on-campus events won't cost you anything. And even if they do, most of them cost less than $5!

2. You might learn something new.

It is important to enter these events with an open mind because they will make you see situations from new perspectives. And even if you haven't heard about the topic before, you are still walking out of the room with something valuable.

3. You could meet people who have similar interests.

Before the event starts, you will have plenty of time to talk to the people around you. Strike up a conversation; you won't always have this chance in the future. If you're lucky, you might meet someone who will have a profound influence on your life.

4. They build a sense of community on campus.

When you make a conscious effort to support the students and faculty at your university by attending their events, you start to realize how important the community is. Many of the people who organize them feel appreciated when they get a large turn out. Just remember, they aren't doing this for themselves!

5. They will inspire you.

Throughout the school year, many universities bring in a variety of speakers, performers and other people with inspiring stories. Are you feeling uninspired? Going to on-campus events can help you have a new outlook on life.

6. You will discover more about yourself.

If you happen to feel confused or hopeless at times, learning about other people's stories can help you find a sense of direction. This past week, I attended a documentary about Malala Yousafzai and it reinvigorated my love of learning. You might even change your major after attending one of these events!

Although it's not easy to make time for these kinds of activities, they are worth it. With these reasons in mind, I hope you will take a look at your university's events calendar and find something to attend!