6 Reasons Thanksgiving Is My Favorite Holiday

The holiday that does not get enough credit.

230
Artflyz

Thanksgiving, or the forgotten holiday, as may people call it. Sadly stuck between Halloween and Christmas, it is not being celebrated and loved as it should be. Thanksgiving is an amazing holiday because it is all about food and family. And no, it is not all about Cyber Monday and Black Friday—those are made up holidays.

This year, please celebrate Thanksgiving with either your friends, family or loved ones. These are the reasons Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday and should be yours too.

1. Food, food and more food.

Did I not say food! The array of food that is served is enormous. The turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce, pumpkin, pecan pies. I don't know about you, but just thinking about it makes my mouth water. By the end of the meal you are so stuffed it feels like you have a food baby. Also, think about all the leftovers you have for days on end. You are set for days or even weeks after Thanksgiving. All I can say is the food is amazing!

2. The gains.

All I can say is with all the food you will be eating, you will gain weight, but it's worth it. The food is worth that 10 pounds that you will come home with. Just go and pace yourself and you can go on that New Years Eve resolution diet later. Just gain that weight now and eat that food.

3. All of the family time.

Thanksgiving is a time to be with your family. It is a time to have those awkward conversations with grandma or sit at the kids table for the fifth time in a row with your cousin. If you are not able to be with your family, have your own "Friendsgiving," because who is not thankful to have friends. Set up a potluck where you all bring something. If no one wants to have Thanksgiving with you, make it a you time. Just remember to think about your family in the process.

4. The nice fall air.

It is not too cold and not too hot. During Thanksgiving time, the weather is usually beautiful. But, I cannot speak for every place, just for some. It is the perfect time to go out and not be freezing cold while still not dying of heat. Having your Thanksgiving meal outside is really nice and I really recommend it. Fall is just so nice and the air is fresh.

5. No class or work.

Holidays, for most people, means no classes or work. You get a couple days off for a holiday—who does not want that. It is like getting time off to eat. How crazy is that! And Thanksgiving is on a Thursday, so if you usually don't work on weekends it is a long a break you can take to go on a vacation to see family or to do some fun activities.

6. The Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.

One my favorite traditions is watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade on TV on Thanksgiving morning. Being able to see all the huge balloons, marching bands and singing take New York by storm is such a cool experience. I always wanted to be one of the people in the parade and feel so famous, or even going to New York to see it in person.