6 Places To Visit In Philly This Summer

6 Places To Visit In Philly This Summer

My favorite spots.

7850
6 Places To Visit In Philly This Summer
Leilani Encarnacion

Philadelphia has its beauty, but some of you may have not been to some of the most beautiful hidden spots in the city. This summer is a chance for new adventures and exploring, so here are a few places that I highly recommend you should visit at least once.

1. Spruce Street Harbor Park

Hammocks, pretty lights, yummy food, and good drinks...need I say more? Perfect place for a date or a hangout with your friends. The best time to go is at night, and it's located right next to the water. Franklin Fountain (aka the best ice cream spot in Philly) is right there, and you can't go wrong on a perfect sunny day. Definitely recommend if you haven't been yet.

2. Old City

Old city is the cutest part of Philadelphia in my opinion. The architecture is stunning and goes back hundreds of years. There is so much history there, and that's what makes it such a gem. Perfect spot to walk around and just explore!. Also good for picture taking! 10/10.

3. Cira Green

This place is located close to Drexel University. It is located on the rooftop, so you're going to have to go up the elevator to get there. It is a beautiful are of grass and greenery with a great view of the city. It is an ideal spot for those who want to have a picnic, or just wanting to lay and talk with someone. And again, a perfect place for picture taking.

4. Magic Gardens

Again, super obvious choice for Philly natives, but for those of you who haven't been should definitely come to Magic Gardens on South Street. Aesthetically pleasing and pretty art to look at. Definitely recommend this place for those willing to spend a bit!

5. Boathouse Row

The most beautiful views can be seen during sunset while overlooking Boathouse Row. Located on the east bank of the Schuylkill River, it is a great place to come sit and relax, and maybe even row some boats while you're at it. Riding bikes along here is also a fun thing to do.

6. Penn's Landing

Penn's Landing has it all. Concerts, movie screenings, fireworks, etc. There is always something happening at Penn's Landing, especially during the summer. Always keep an eye out online on the events that are happening here. Along the water once again, it is a place with beautiful views and a happy atmosphere. Last, but definitely not the least on this list.

So, here are some places you should visit this summer. I know, most of these are pretty common, but how many have you actually been to? And if you've been to all, go again, because these places are common and most talked about for a reason! Happy summer!