6 Perfect Gel Nail Designs For Summer 2017

Keep your nails looking fresh and fly with these summery designs.

943
Pintrest

It’s April, which means summer is right around the corner. For those of you who like to splurge on gel nails, or just take good care of your nails yourself, you’re probably checking out OPI’s new summer colors. Or maybe you’re a fan of ring finger designs (which are still totally in) and what better way to kick off vacation than with a cute popsicle design? Check out these ideas to make your nails pop while you’re soaking up the sun this summer.

1. Shades

This picture showcases a China Glaze color, but I would not suggest using China Glaze, especially if you want a clean, finished look. Instead, try DND’s color “Teenage Dream,” it’s a nice, bright, hot pink.

2. Anchors

I love this design because anchors are simple and classic. Using a light blue that’s slightly brighter than the one pictured, like OPI’s “Breakfast at Tiffany’s” will give your nails a calm, beachy vibe.

3. Palm trees

Headed to a tropical island or maybe just Florida this summer? Wear a symbol of the chill, peaceful vibes you’ll be feeling on your ring finger nails. You can play around with Perfect Match’s mood color changing polish, like an orangey “Sunset Beach” to make it look like a sunset is fading behind the palm tree. The great thing about the mood color changing polish is that it doesn’t really go by your mood, it’s temperature activated, so in the sun, your nails might appear dark orange or red, but when you go into an air conditioned interior, they’ll turn a lighter orange

4. Suns

What better way to sport your new tan than to showcase a sun on your nails? If the lime green in this design is a little too funky for you, you can always go with a muted tone, like DND’s “Creamy Macaroon.”

5. Watermelons

Fresh Paint is a good nail polish brand, but you can also try Essie’s “Vices Versa.” Watermelons are very symbolic of sweet summertime and the light pink against your tanned skin will pop!

6. Ombre sparkles

This look is so classy and perfect for a summer wedding or any other fancy event you may have going on this summer. OPI is great, but you can also try Essie’s “Sugar Daddy” paired with Gelish’s “All that glitters is gold” if you want to try gold sparkles instead of silver. You can still achieve a sophisticated, refined look by only putting the ombre design on one or two nails.
All of these designs are the perfect way to prepare for your summer vacation island getaway or just lounging by the pool. All of the water exposure like swimming in the ocean or dips in the hot tub you do this summer can take a toll on your nails’ strength, so keep them strong and looking flawless with these gel designs!