6 Best Parts Of Summer

6 Best Parts Of Summer

What time is it? SUMMER TIME!

29
6 Best Parts Of Summer
Joe Reedy

I would like to start this article by stating that I am thankful to Jesus for this semester being over. Although it is surreal that I actually survived my first year of college, I am beyond glad to be done with it. Now it is time for the best time of the year, summer. It feels like there is so much to do during the summer and more time to do it. It's wonderful. No obligations. No classes. No homework. No tests. It is the greatest feeling in the world knowing that you do not have to wake your ass up in the morning, and go running to class. To summarize why I love summer, I created a short list. Enjoy!

1. Free Reign to Blow Money

One word: Shopping. It's like as soon as the temperature gets hot, everyone flocks to the nearest mall, including myself. Out of every other month of the year, I spend the most money during the summer. Whether it is on clothes to add the mountain of dirty clothes laying in my room, or my mom's birthday/Christmas/mother's day gift (Usually a purse. You're welcome, Maryann). But also food, so much food.

2. Drive-In

Probably one of my absolute favorite things to do during the summer is to go to the drive-in. Going to the movies is fun and all, but when you can load 10 people into a seven-seat van and then sneak eight of those people in, you are doing something right.

3. Late Night Adventures

This is ultimately my favorite thing to do ever. The key is to get into your car, and just start driving. It doesn't matter where you're going. You do not have a destination in mind. Just roll down your windows, blast some music, and go. Get lost. It is all apart of the adventure. Make sure you have enough gas to get back, though. Also, if you're like me and have deer following you because they have a hit out on you for killing two of their own, be careful.

4. Vacation

Now guys, this is going to seem extremely odd, but I had never been to a beach with an ocean until one of my friends took me over spring break this year. So, if you're expecting me to say something about VA Beach or Myrtle Beach, sorry. However, Lake Erie is my usual vacation destination, and I guess that is a beach. You know what I mean, though. Still my favorite place on the entire planet. Would not want to spend my vacations anywhere else.

5. Seeing Your Friends

I MISS ALL OF MY FRIENDS SO MUCH IT IS RIDICULOUS. Going away to college thinking, "I'll still be able to talk to everyone every day" proved to be a lot more difficult than originally planned. I tried to talk to everyone as much as possible, but once I was consumed by school work, that became exceedingly difficult. Now, if I want to hang out, all I have to do is drive ten feet down the road, and kick in their doors.

6. No One Will Judge You for Sleeping for 12 Hours

Can I get an Amen for sleep? The most precious of all the things in the world is sleep. I love to sleep. It gives me life. The beauty of summer is being able to sleep for as long as you want, and when you want. No one is going to judge you, except maybe your employer if you sleep through a shift. Oops.

Everyone enjoy their summer! Get a tan, go to the beach, make out with a hot boy/girl, go see Beyoncé, look at Pittsburgh from Mt. Washington, do whatever you want because you can! It's SUMMER! You are the master of your destiny now! Dobby has no master! Be safe and don't do too many stupid things!