6 Mayday Parade Lyrics That Every Fan Knows by Heart

Grab your rubber bracelets, skinny jeans and thick, black eyeliner, former emos.

3234

For the past 7 years, Mayday Parade has been my all time FAVORITE band. People who knew me at the end of middle school/beginning of high school probably look at me now and say “Really? You still listen to them?” And I don’t blame them, but there’s a part of my former emo-self that I can’t let go, and it manifests itself in Mayday Parade lyrics.

To anyone who has been a fan, not even for as long as I have, just a fan in general, you know these lyrics. You love them, you hear them and you’re probably brought back to a time when your crush didn’t like you back and you found comfort in Derek’s angelic voice.

1. “I can live without you but without you, I’ll be miserable at best.” -Miserable at Best

I can hear it now, thousands of former emos crying over their former loves, remembering the sting of your first break up. I was there. His name was Tony, he was 2 years older than me, and literally the WORST. But for whatever reason, I COULD NOT let it go. Thanks, Mayday.

"Miserable at Best" song

2. “So don’t fall in love, there’s too much to lose. If given the choice then I’m begging you choose to walk away, walk away, don’t let her get you.” -Terrible Things

Mayday’s specialty is really happy and upbeat lyrics. JUST KIDDING THIS SONG HAD ME BAWLING. There’s a twist in the story, 10/10 would recommend you checking it out for yourself if you haven’t.

"Terrible Things" song

3. “Oh, can you tell I haven’t slept very well since the last time that we spoke? Please understand if I see you again, please don’t say hello.” -Stay

Ah, that awkward break up stage where you’re “so heartbroken” after being with the person for weeks. Hi, welcome to me in high school. “Don’t talk to me, it hurts too much.” In other news, my next article is an open letter to my DRAMATIC AND RIDICULOUS high school self.

"Stay" song

4. “And please don’t tell me that I’m dreaming, when all I ever wanted was to dream another sunset with you.” -Jamie All Over

THIS IS MY FAVORITE MAYDAY SONG OF ALL TIME. WARNING: IF YOU EVER PUT THIS ON AROUND ME YOU ARE SUBJECTED TO TERRIBLE DANCING. This is the one Mayday song, that although the lyrics look sad, is actually really uplifting and great. 10/10 would workout to it, if I worked out.

"Jamie All Over" song

5. “I thought I could live in your arms, and spend every moment I had with you, stay up all night with the stars and confess all the faith that I had in you.” -Three Cheers for Five Years

I found out recently that this song is the first they ever wrote together as a band, 10 years ago. These guys really have relationship issues, but then again, SO DO I. #relatable

"Three Cheers For Five Years" song

6. “Secret love, my escape, take me far far away. Secret love, are you there? Will you answer my prayer? Please take me anywhere but here.”

Ha, this song always reminds me of those relationships you weren’t supposed to have in middle school or high school because your parents either didn’t like them or didn’t want you to date yet. Hi, mom.

"Secret Love" song

After 10 years of beautiful music, I’m so proud to have been around for 7 of them. I’ve seen this band 6 times, and every time they leave me in awe. Thank you, Mayday, for getting me through some really rough times and leaving me with songs to cherish forever with wonderful memories.