6 Things You Hear After Making A Lifestyle Change

Fear and doubt don't get to keep you from changing anymore

11
thegoodista

Recently my entire family and I completely changed our nutrition, we went what we like to call 95% vegan (mainly a plant based diet, but we know we are human and love wild game and ribs). While I myself was very hesitant about cutting out bacon at first, after reading a couple of Medical Journals (emphasis on the medical because this change was not because we support PETA or hate commercialization of animals to feed the world, it was strictly a health thing) there is an overwhelming amount of scientific evidence that a plant based diet can reverse things - like type 2 diabetes and high cholesterol. This of course is a radical change and I didn't realize I would have to fight for some support, but apparently you do. So if you're moving across the country, quitting school to pursue a passion, or making a change for your health here a six things you can expect to hear.

1. Why?

It seems the first reaction is always confusion. Like the world is suddenly moving to fast and they can't possibly comprehend why you would want to change. Push through this initial phase by standing your ground, back it up with some cold hard facts of why this is something you want to do.

2. That sounds sketchy.

Doubt usually comes next, doubting whatever it is you want to do. If its a little out of the ordinary most people find it a little scary. Providing solid evidence that its not sketchy, or dangerous, or going to cause you to become a totally different person is your best offense here.

3. Is this really for the best?

This is another kind of doubt you'll hear, except it's personal this time. Doubting your capabilities to make proper decisions for yourself. This one is kinda mean and irrational because you're an adult and if you're trying to make a positive transition to a new lifestyle, then go ahead and do you! leave all those doubters in the past *peace sign emoji*

4. Wow, must be difficult for you.

I thought at first this was another type of personal doubt, instead I think it is more about envy. These people probably have something they want to do but are trapped by insecurity and self-doubt that they can't do what they wish they could. You're probably building their courage every time you overcome a challenge your new lifestyle throws at you, so go you, You crazy inspirational ball of encouragement!

5. I can't support you in that.

These people are set in their ways and think you're weird. Let them fuel your hate fire and keep pushing towards the goal.

6. Good for you! Way to follow your heart!

These are my favorite kind of people, they probably think you're crazy and weird but they also love and support you. They might not join you on your endeavor but at least they're open to the idea of you chasing your dreams.

Change is scary, and nothing is worse than having someone flood your mind with doubt. Don't let it ever keep you from something that you believe in, don't let the negativity and judgement shake you from changing. Follow your heart and let everyone know that you have the guts to do something to improve your life.