6 Finals Week Tips From A Double Major

6 Finals Week Tips From A Double Major

Good luck to you.

11

I'll be honest, this semester has included a lot of me questioning myself as to why in the heck I decided to double major. It will only get worse around finals time. For those of you procrastinating on the interwebs, here is some advice to kicking butt and taking names during this finals week.

1. Sleep

I can not stress this enough, especially as an insomniac who likes to nap when I shouldn't. Make sure you get at least 6 hours a night. If you don't sleep enough, you can start hallucinating. You also want to make sure to sleep so that you do not have to be so hyped up on caffeine that you start hallucinating.

Source: pintrest

2. Nap appropriately

I am the first to admit that I love long naps. However, that isn't good. If you nap for too long, it can mess with your circadian rhythm, which will mess with your sleep patterns, which will mess with your mind more. During finals week, you're already stressed to the max, no need to mess with your head anymore.

3. Eat

Try your best to stay on a regular meal schedule, so you don't mess with your body any more than stress already does.

4. Take the time to shower

I know it's stressful, but for the love of whatever deity you believe in, please shower. You don't want to be the stinky kid. Also, it helps to give your brain a break.

5. Set a time to STOP studying

I try to force myself to stop doing work at around midnight. When I succeed, I find that I am less stressed, and more refreshed in the morning.

6. Try your best to not procrastinate

I know how hard this is, but please, try. No one wants to write a ten page paper in one night, and your professor probably doesn't want to read it.

That's all I have! Good luck, and may the odds be ever in your favor.