6 Easy Ways To Make A Difference In Your Community This Year

Spreading awareness to a certain topic is a great way to make a change.

644

Something that I would like to do more of this year is to get more involved on campus and make a difference in my community.

I enjoy volunteering, but I feel that I do not do enough of it throughout the semester.

Here are just a few ways that I plan to get more involved this semester and beyond!

1. Set aside some time for volunteering.

One of the most challenging parts of volunteering can be trying to find the time to do it.

As a college student, I know that it can be difficult to find time to volunteer. Something that I would like do is to set some time aside specifically for volunteering at least once a month.

2. Participate in clothing/food drives.

One of the easiest ways to give back would be to participate in more clothing, food etc. drives.

There are always these types of drives going on on campus and I would like to take part in more of them. These clothing drives are one of the easiest ways to give back this year.

3. Join a club that specializes in service.

Volunteering by yourself can be intimidating. If setting aside time during the week by yourself for volunteering is not something you would not normally do, try to join a club on campus that specialize in specific service options.

There are usually many different organizations on campus that specialize in a number of different areas. Try to find one that fits your interests and supports organizations you are passionate about.

4. Learn more about causes that interest you.

One of the easiest things to do when it comes to making a difference in your community and beyond is to learn more about the things that interest you and raise awareness.

Sometimes bringing and spreading awareness to a certain topic is a great way to make a difference.

5. Try your hands at making items that can be donated.

I enjoy knitting and crocheting (especially during that part of the semester where everything feels like it is going wrong and I am incredibly stressed).

I figured that instead of making yet another scarf and shoving it into a drawer somewhere, I should challenge myself to make different items such as hats and blankets and then donating them to shelters or hospitals.

6. Organize or take part in Fundraisers.

Sometimes the best way to get involved is to take part in fundraisers. Try to find more information about fundraisers that you are interested in taking part in or try to start one yourself!