6 Things All Collegiate Ladies Are Thankful For

'Tis the season to eat turkey.

12

It's that time of the year again, when motivation is waning, orange leaves are falling, and temperatures are dropping. While most of the population is busy decking the halls, I for one have already started packing my Thanksgiving pants for the drive home at the end of the month. Just thinking of deep fried turkey, mashed potatoes, and homemade pies has my mouth watering, but Thanksgiving is so much more than just the food. When you're away at school, it becomes apparent that there are some certain privileges in life that we simply couldn't stay sane without. Here's the (incredibly) abridged version of a college gal's Thanksgiving list.

1. Starbucks in the library.

With finals approaching, we know we're going to spend far too many hours in the library reading chapter after chapter of books we should have finished weeks ago. This convenience not only gets us caffeinated quicker, but we don't have to brave the cold to get our evening fix. It's a win-win!

2. Ramen in the pantry.

We know it's bad for us, but this meal-in-a-bag costs 18 cents and is ready in five minutes flat. Sometimes the mere thought of spending more than ten minutes cooking is an overwhelming task, and that's where this sodium-rich delicacy comes in.

3. Treadmills in the gym.

How else can we justify eating all that Ramen? Making ourselves get up and go to said gym is always the hardest part, but a good run is the perfect medicine after a stressful week of cramming.

4. Leggings in the closet.

I firmly believe the debate has been settled: leggings are pants and they always will be. To all of those opposed? Sing a new song, because these babies aren't going anywhere.

5. Inside jokes in the GroupMe.

It's always a little awkward when you're sitting in class holding back laughter in the middle of lecture, but a good GroupMe conversation is hearty food for the soul. Very rarely does a day go by that I don't thank my lucky stars for the sarcastic and savage comments between my sweet friends.

6. Family in the hometown.

Like I said, Thanksgiving is so much more than food. It's about reconnecting with family after months of stressful classes. It's about running through Target on Black Friday to complete your selected "mission," then meeting back up in line just to do it all again at Kohl's. It's about fighting over left-overs and catching the final snaps of football for the night. It's the first sign that the end of the semester is near, and that a new beginning is on the horizon.

As the last slice of pie is eaten, the last turkey sandwich fought over, and the shopping bags hidden secretly away, there is a distinct promise of sweeter days to come. So I don't know about you, but I'll be counting down the days until I get to wear my Thanksgiving pants without a single shred of shame.