6 Things College Students Look Forward To At Christmas

17

Ah, Christmas. The long awaited holiday is finally here. Now that you finally have a month to catch up with everything and everyone in your life, you realize how thankful you are for the wonderful things that this exciting occasion brings! here are 6 of those oh-so-special reasons that you're more than excited to pack up your 10x12 dorm and move back home for a few weeks:

1.) HOME

Christmas Break. Exams are over and the first place you flee to is your house. It's the one place that comforts you and lets you know that it is finally time to relax and breathe. Coming home is something that you have never really thought of as a privilege before; and now it's the only place that you want to be.

2.) Your Best Friends

Every Christmas before now, you have been with your friends and this one will be no different. Except for the fact that you haven't seen each other face to face in MONTHS and now you get to spend every waking moment of Christmas Break together and it's kind of the best thing ever. (Plus your coffee dates end up being 5 hours long, because you are all catching up and that's its' own kind of wonderful)

3.) Your Moms' Cooking

This really needs no explanation.

4.) Decorating the House for Christmas

Okay, okay so this may not be super fun for everyone; but in some houses (much like mine) it is kind of its' own holiday. Before you left for college, decorating may have seemed like a chore; but now, watching your dad put up the tree and your mom gently place all of the ornaments, you realize how special this time truly is.

5.) Shopping at your Favorite Stores

If you go to a school in a small town away from home, then you know the struggle. Finally being 15 minutes away from quality stores again is such a blessing. (S/O to Haywood Mall)

6.) Family Functions

College makes life busy. That's a given. Since starting college, you probably haven't kept in touch with all of your aunts, uncles, and cousins. It's not like you meant for it to happen, and you feel guilty, but it does. So when you walk into your grandparents' house, and see everyone gathered around the table you can't help but smile. (P.S. yes, the questions are a lot, but to be fair you have months to fill them in on)