6 Blessings I Take For Granted

6 Blessings I Take For Granted

I'm trying harder to not take things for granted.

72
6 Blessings I Take For Granted
pixabay

Thanksgiving is a time a joy, a time of love, and a time of giving. Thanksgiving is a holiday where family and friends unite to spend time together and express what they are thankful for. This Thanksgiving, I am grateful for those who have stood by me through the trials I have gone through. I am eternally blessed.

1. My parents

I am blessed with parents who provide, support and guide me. Parents who show me not only what it means to love one another, but also are an example of how to love and also give unconditional love.

My parents have taught me everything I know and have provided me with the world. They are my number one fans, and they will never be able to understand exactly how much I love and appreciate them. Nothing makes me happier than spending time with my family.

2. My brother and sister

I could not be prouder of my siblings.

My brother is a recent high school graduate who went off to college to study business and is someone I look up to; he is so smart, determined, and his creativity will get him far in life.

My sister is a person who can talk to anyone for less than a minute and she will make them feel like the most important person in the room. She has always been successful in every sport she participated in and has a smile that will capture your attention.

Just so it’s known, I’ve never really been the best at being “the older sister.” In the past, my specialties included being overprotective and acting as a second mom. Over time, I'm slowly learning how to be a friend to my siblings. I could not fathom life without them.

3. My friends

Through thick and thin they stand by me and give me direction. Each and every friendship I have is unique and I would not have it any other way. I am lucky to have friends who put up with me when I am at my worst and celebrate with me at my best. Without my friends, I would be lost. I want all of them to know that they do so much to help me grow and teach me how to be a better version of myself.

4. My job

My job may be one that makes me question why the hell I wake up at 7 am and finish a shift many hours before my first class, but I am thankful for the opportunity to have a job that teaches me skills that will better prepare me for the future. Learning the value of hard work is rewarding and even on the hardest of days, it is something I am grateful for.

5. My education

Finals. Essays. Homework. Projects. There are so many anxiety-inducing, school-related assignments that make us want to pull out our hair. Luckily, these hair-pulling tasks reward us in the end with a diploma or certification of completing a higher education.

I am blessed with mentors and professors who do not get enough credit for all the hard work they put into their jobs as they guide the next generation. Thank you to all of the leaders who have pushed me to succeed and have been an influence on my education.

6. My sorority

Never in a million years did I see myself going through recruitment and joining a sorority, but I did and it is one of the best experiences of my life. Recruitment was a mix of emotions and a week of chaos, and completely worth it by the end.

Now I have over 150 sisters who are some of the most uplifting, supportive, and loving women I have met. My sorority sisters are a blessing and are the women who will one day be at my wedding.

During the holiday season, I am always filled with so much gratitude and appreciation for the people in my life and the daily activities I engage in. It is a goal of mine to try harder to not take things in life for granted.