6 Binge-Worthy Netflix Originals You Need To Watch

Some of the best Netflix Original shows they have to offer.

24

Netflix is known for their seemingly limitless options on TV shows and movies, but they are also known for having several great originals.

1. The OA

This show is a bit of a sci-fi type adventure show that has one season so far. The OA is about a woman, Prairie Johnson, that is blind and disappeared for 7 years only to suddenly return. When she returns back to the town she has strange scars on her back, has been underground and away from people for a good length of time, and she can now see.

She ends up befriending some of the local, neighborhood kids and sharing her story, as she starts to go by The OA. She recruits her friends to help her figure out what happened with the other people as well.

2. Love

Love is a romantic comedy series on Netflix that focuses on characters Mickey and Gus. Mickey is getting over her substance abuse problems and falls in love with Gus, who just got out of a relationship. The show has a lot of real-time issues that people of our generation deal with.

3. Dear White People

Dear White People is probably one of the best and most underrated originals that Netflix has to offer. DWP is a television adaption of the 2014 movie that it was based upon and continues to expand on.

The show is an insightful and smart view of the racial politics that occur on college campuses. It focuses on a group of students of color at a predominately white Ivy League campus and how they face social injustice. It's both entertaining and an eye-opening experience for viewers.

4. The Crown

Netflix's The Crown is a biographical story about the reign of Queen Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom. The season covers everything from her marriage to Philip in 1947 to her sister Princess Margaret's engagement in 1955 to Peter Townsend. The show is able to present an insider view of the very beginnings of her reign as queen.

Winston Churchill is also shown a lot, as he struggled with public shame a lot towards the end of his career. This is a fascinating series to watch, as it's all around the post-WWII era and how a British Monarch manages to keep a handle on things.

5. Riverdale

Riverdale is a teen drama that is based off the Archie comics. After the death of one of the rich and popular football players, Jason Blossom, the small city of Riverdale starts to investigate the sudden and sad murder. Archie and his friends begin to take it upon themselves to figure out the murder story, uncovering a lot of buried secrets about their precious town, as everything is not always how it appears to be.

6. Stranger Things

This is a sci-fi, fantasy thriller show that is a major throwback to the 1980s, as it has a major theme similar to all horror movies alike. Stranger Things is about a boy named Will who is mysteriously captured by a creature and then trapped in its world. His mother and the local sheriff start to look into his disappearance.

His friends get their bikes and start investigating his disappearance too when they stumble across a young girl that has telepathic powers. Between the sheriff, the mom, the boys, and the special girl the things they manage to reveal is tremendous.