The 6 Best Things I Have Purchased

The 6 Best Things I Have Purchased

Money well spent.

23
The 6 Best Things I Have Purchased
Youth Central

You know how sometimes you look at an item you bought a while back and think, “Man, I have gotten a lot of use out of this”? There are several products in which I have certainly gotten my money’s worth, and that makes me happy.

I have to be honest—some of this stuff was gifted to me. But, nonetheless, these are all products I am pleased with and use quite often. My top two favorite things I use are my laptop and guitar. But, I thought those were pretty basic, so here are a few more unique things, in no particular order:

1. Birkenstocks

I cannot tell you how much I wear these things. A little story: My sister bought a pair of Birkenstock sandals a little over two years ago. I thought they were the ugliest shoes I had laid eyes on. I think I made fun of her, too. Well, that summer, I hurt my foot (you can read about it here) and I had to find a shoe to fit my bulky and bandaged foot. Thus, I bought Birkenstocks, and I have fallen in love. They are so comfy, and I think they’re super cute, too (probably because they’re in style now). After over two years of extensive wear, they still look new. 10/10 recommend.

Click here for link to buy

2. Backrest Pillow

I bought this pillow for college, and I was not expecting to love it so much. I just lay it against my pillow, hop up in my bed, and I’m good to go for doing homework or working on my laptop—no typical back pain from sitting up in bed whatsoever. It’s perfect!

(left pic is my room and right pic is from Target)

Click here for link to buy

3. Mary Kay Eye Makeup Remover

This product doesn’t really fit in with this list, but I had to include it. I hate using any other eye makeup remover besides this. It gets everything off and doesn’t sting. It is pricier than I would like it to be, but it is certainly worth every penny.

Click here for link to buy

4. Alex and Ani Bracelets

Besides my normal pearl earrings, these bracelets are the only jewelry I wear consistently. They are adorable, personal, and convenient. They jingle a bit, but not too much. They make wonderful gifts as well. In fact, I think all of mine were from others. I love my Alex and Ani’s!

I have these (but all of them are great!)

Sunflower Bracelet

Butterfly Bracelet

Godspeed Bracelet

Path of Life Bracelet

5. My "Purity" Ring

I put purity in quotes because I honestly hate calling it a purity ring. Here is an awesome article that explains what I mean.

A few years ago, my dad took my sister and me to Jared’s jewelry store at Christmas time and let us each pick out a ring. He told us that the ring is a reminder of our first love (our daddy) and our identity in Christ. And yes, I also see it as a purity ring. I wear my ring every day, and I will always treasure it. I love how dainty and beautiful it is. Dads out there, take note.

I have no idea where to find my particular ring. If you’re interested in getting one, I’d encourage you to find one special to you!

6. Everly Black Dress

I have gotten more use out of this dress than any other, hands down. It feels like PJ’s, it goes with anything, and you can dress it up or down. It’s probably been about a year since I purchased it, and I believe I got it from Ivy and Leo. I have had a hard time finding the dress online, but I have linked a dress similar to it (it may be the actual dress in a different color, but I’m not sure). It is awesome!

Click here for link to buy similar

I would highly recommend all of these things to anyone. Not to counteract everything I just said, but there are far better things I have spent my money on—experiences. You can buy all of the products you want, but nothing beats spending your money on a trip, concert, or fantastic dinner complete with good conversation. I won’t elaborate any more, but it is just something worth thinking about!