6 Best Google Play Alternatives in 2022

6 Best Google Play Alternatives in 2022

Google Play Alternatives

102
Google Play Alternatives

Short Overview of Google Play Substitutes

For Android device users, Google Play has been a long-term quality solution for finding all the essential apps. These days, we can witness numerous manufacturers providing the recent operating software variations that come without a pre-installed Google Play app. While the owners of such devices won’t be able to use the services of the most popular app market, there’s no need to despair.

Luckily, there are many alternatives to Google Play that you can use to get the matching experience, or even better. We’ll guide you through the substitutes, their overall value, safety, and most importantly – usability and convenience. We’ll only equip you with the most renowned alternatives and app markets. Let’s see what the options that replicate the main Google Play features are like!

1)Aptoide

If you wish to find a worthy substitute to the Google Play store in terms of usability and app selection, Aptoide is an obvious choice. This app can be downloaded for all Android devices, and it’s an independent app store that every user can easily access.

Since this app store was launched back in 2009, it seems like a trustworthy and safe app to use. Aptoide gives you the chance to browse over 3000 apps from different categories, and it has a wide base of users worldwide. The layout of the app is quite similar to Google Play's, which helps users that are familiar with navigation on that app market.

There’s also the addition of the children app version which only displays kids-friendly content and games. Aptoide makes it into the narrow choice of the best Android app markets. App categories, language setup, and even the search bar greatly resemble the one of Google Play.

2)Amazon Appstore

Amazon's solution for an app store came by numerous negative references on its road towards being a Google Play rival. The navigation used to be a bit out of order when compared to the standard Android app interface. Fortunately, these days they sorted out their search and filtering options, and you candownload Amazon Appstore to find your favorite apps.

Although the service lacks some of the main Google tools, downloading these apps without the Google Play service is difficult. So, it doesn't make much of a downside, especially considering the large number of apps available. Downloading is easy since you only need to allow installation from all sources on your Android device.

Registration is free, and you scroll down the search bar and recommended apps to access app categories. From this point on, Amazon Appstore will let you browse sections like kids, education, games, lifestyle, social, and other app types.

Amazon tends to only let you download content that it allows you to, but according to vpncheck.org, you can jailbreak your Amazon Firestick to get complete access. This way, you can unlock some specialized apps that you wouldn’t be able to access otherwise. It also enables you to watch previously locked content, and download software and apps as you please.

3)F-Droid

Although you need to allow installation from possibly unreliable sources to get Android app stores, it doesn’t imply low security. As stated byForbes, even Google Play had some security breaches in terms of unwanted apps. There’s always a possibility that shady apps can find their way through app markets, and security, therefore, comes first.

One of the safest options to go with for getting a safe app market isF-Droid as an open-source software solution. This app repository allows you to download coded apps that otherwise couldn't be reached for free. It's a non-profit organization, yet the security has been raised to impressive heights. Still, you have to agree that you use the app at your own risk, so you should pay attention to whether your app is suggested or not.

Navigation is simple, perhaps even somewhat outdated, but the usability factor is still present. A perfect confirmation of the app’s validity is that over 30 million users frequently download apps from this market. Clicking on the first section to the left titled “apps” will allow you to browse over 2000 free apps.

4)SlideME Appstore

If you don’t like cookies and tracking policies that come with some alternatives like Amazon Appstore, SlideME Appstore can be the one. To get it, enable installation from all sources on your Android device. This app market acts splendidly on all Android devices, and the first thing you should do is downloadSlideME App Manager.

You'll get the app manager icon displayed among applications on your device, and use it to find all sorts of apps. It comes with an improved collection of apps when compared to F-Droid for instance. The layout is extremely easy to navigate, as all the settings resemble the classic Android settings page.

Searching for the apps, you’ll find many sections just like on Google Play, including fun & games, tools & utilities, music, health and fitness, and others.

5)Samsung Galaxy Apps

Finding a Google Play alternative is fairly easy for Samsung users as theSamsung Galaxy Apps make a natural solution. All the Samsung devices come with this app installed, and you can use it to get a matching experience in terms of user convenience like Google's app store.

The only downside to this option is that it can’t be used for Android devices other than Samsung phones, tablets, and watches. It still makes the priority option for Samsung users with new games, featured apps, and popular applications.

6)GetJar

Looking for a widely-used app store, it doesn't get any better than GetJar with over 30 million users worldwide. According toFossbytes, GetJar is one of the best alternatives to the Google Play store, and for a good reason.

It's a free app store that has been present since 2005, making it one of the first free app stores for Windows, Blackberry, and Android. It features a slightly different interface from what most customers are used to with app markets. Along with games and similar apps, this market also involves some interesting solutions like subscription tracking apps for Android that can help you avoid suspicious billing from apps you use.

You can choose from app sections like home, categories, and apps, while the search bar is at the upper-right corner. GetJar offers new mobile apps, top mobile apps, and dozens of categories from music, games, travel, tools, finance, and others.

Conclusion

There are yet many other Google Play alternatives to discover for Android users, but the mentioned app markets provide you with an initial insight. Based on these app stores, you can see what the essence of safe, well-equipped, and approved substitutes represents.

Of course, the main flaw of these apps is the lack of certified Google applications, but that's simply something that only Google Play users can access. Still, these alternatives should be enough to give you first aid in the pursuit of your favorite free Android apps!