6 Apps to Help Kill Time

6 Distracting Apps To Help You Kill Time And Boredom

If you've been looking for something new, these are the ones to look for.

38
@vandeenphotography Instagram https://www.instagram.com/vadeenography/

We're all guilty of it: wasting time playing games on our phones when we should be doing something else. Sometimes, we're even able to do it while we're actually doing that something else - multitasking at its finest. Whether you're good at multitasking or not, these are some great game apps to kill some time and maybe even improve your hand-eye coordination and imagination (but probably not).

Note: I have, or have had, all of these on my phone.

1. Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery

A lot of us grew up wanting to go to Hogwarts, and being subsequently crushed when we didn't get our letters at age 11 (but props to Mom and Dad for getting me a letter anyways :P). With this app, you get to make your own character and go on your own adventures at a time set just after Harry Potter destroyed the Dark Lord!

Now, I know what we're looking forward to most is that future RPG that will hopefully arrive very soon, but in the meantime, this one does the trick! There are tons of mini-games and quests within the main adventure, so there's always something to do!

2. Angry Birds 2

Angry Birds 2 is my personal favorite out of them all, because of its neat challenges every day, the hats, and being able to compete against other players for the top spot in the Diamond League. But really, all of the Angry Birds games are pretty awesome (that I know of - note that I have not played any new ones since probably 2014).

3. Disney Emoji Blitz

I just discovered this a few days ago and I'm hooked. It's an awesome game rather like Candy Crush in nature, but you unlock Disney emojis along the way AND they get added to your phone's keyboard! Plus, each emoji has a special power to help you knock out other emojis or get higher scores. If you power up Simba, for example, a herd of wild animals stomps their way across the board!

4. Chuzzle 2

I don't know what happened to Chuzzle 1 in the app store, but the second is great! There are all new sorts of levels with this one, and along the way, you unlock puzzle pieces and pet Chuzzles of your own!

5. WordBrain

This is the best word game I've come across, with hundreds upon hundreds of levels to solve. The more challenging they get, the more letters are added! The board goes from a simple 2x2, to 3x3, to 4x4...well, you get the picture.

6. Fantastic Beasts: Cases

Another Harry Potter themed one, but this time you're solving the mystery of the beasts! It's a scavenger hunt game with an entertaining team of wizards at your side as you discover clues about the beast and safely remove them from harm's way!