Books To Read This Summer

4 Books You Should Read This Summer Even If You Don’t Like To Read

Even if you don't like to read, I'm pretty sure you will like these books.

685

I get it, sometimes I also need to be in the mood to sit down and read. However, give these four books a chance to make you fall in love with reading. I believe that we don't like the idea of reading because we were forced to read in our high school AP Literature classes and read tons of readings for our college courses. You just need to pick the right books to read.

1. “A Thousand Splendid Suns” by Khaled Hosseini

I've read this book three times, and it never failed to make me cry. Hosseini is such a brilliant author who is able to incorporate bits of history that make you feel like you're a bystander watching the story unravel in Afghanistan.

It provides a glimpse into how two women are able to empower themselves despite the inhumane treatment of women during that time. Never before has a book made my emotions so unstable in the span of a single chapter. I would recommend this book for everyone - it is definitely a must-read.

2. “Year of Yes” by Shonda Rhimes

Not only do I love "Grey's Anatomy," but I also love this book. Shonda Rhimes writes about her life - all the struggles she endured, the fear she had, and the lessons she learned when she simply said, "Yes." She provides such an intimate look into her life as a hugely successful television executive producer and writer.

This book is filled with a myriad of lessons that she learned the hard way and chose to share with the general public. I would recommend this book for introverts, especially those who are afraid to say, "Yes."

3. “When Breath Becomes Air” by Paul Kalanithi

In Paul Kalanithi's posthumous autobiographical memoir, you cannot help but fall in love with who Kalanithi was and what he did during his short life. Although he lost to the battle of lung cancer, he lived his life fully as a neurosurgeon, husband, and father.

I would recommend this book for everyone, but especially for pre-medical students who are feeling defeated by the adversities that come with being a pre-med student.

4. “Pride and Prejudice” by Jane Austen

The word "classic" may make you feel a bit uncomfortable, but fear not, this novel will captivate you with the cheesy, yet heart-throbbing romance that is so excellently delivered in Austen's novel. It may be a bit difficult to get through at first, but give it a chance.

With such brilliant character and relationship development, the book will make you a "fool in love."

These are some of my favorite books that are arguably easy to read, so give them a try!