5 Reasons Why You Should Travel

5 Reasons Why You Should Travel

Exploration is not only good for your mind, but it is so good for your soul.

12
5 Reasons Why You Should Travel
i am Photosapian

Lake Michigan - Photosapian feat Dulce Saint Photography

Okay, so you have gotten yourself into a pretty good spot. You've got the car, the job, you've also gotten pretty serious with someone and those warm fuzzy feelings are carried with you as you go about your day. You wake up, you brush your teeth, you try to remember to take your vitamins. You get dressed in a simliar outfit to the day before, but that's okay because it's your day job and it is what it requires of you. You get into your financed car and you make your way in to punch the clock. You casually pass the hours, fighting back a small sense of anxiety and you aren't even completely sure why you are even feeling this way. You casually shrug it off, punch the clock to go home, get into your financed car and you go home where you take off your similiar outfit from the day before, you brush your teeth, you get into bed and you fall into somewhat of a restless sleep. You're not sure why it is a restless sleep, but you deduce that all people go through this and there is nothing to be worried about.

Then the slow drip of agony hits you in the veins again as you wake up and you do it all over again.

So tell me, what is missing here?

For me personally, the second I started to spark an interest in all things photography, the reality of the severe lack of adventure hit me in the face with the weight of a bag of bricks. I began to come to an understanding that I wasn't being true to myself at all. In fact, I was being rather brutal to myself. I was living the 9-5, which is great for some people, but for me, I was shutting myself off of the world and I knew that something had to change and quick.

I think there are a few core reasons of importance when it comes to traveling. As my disclaimer, I want you to know that when I say travel, I don't necessarily mean taking a backpacking trip to Indonesia. I mean, that wouldbe a trip of a lifetime, but for those of us who are on a working friendly budget, I am saying more along the lines of getting out into your city, even your home state and discovering what is truly out there. You may discover that it is the best thing you can do for yourself.

1) Traveling curbs the feeling of being trapped.

Getting into your car and driving into the farmlands of your state is not only freeing, but it is rejuvinating. I know for me, a huge sense of peace washes over my body as I see the structure of the city turn from big corporate buildings to forests and rivers. I don't feel like I am forced into the small box that is my cubicle for those few hours.

2) Traveling awakens your soul.

So you've found yourself in a small town city that you didn't even know existed. They are having an awesome little festival and you decide to get out of the car and explore the area. The part of you that has been craving a sense of the unknown is being nourished as you wade through the locals and make your way over to the live band, catching glimpses of handmade crafts and paintings along the streets.

3) Traveling allows you to get outside of your comfort zone.

I know that when I travel, especially farther away from home, I am splashed with an array of emotions. I am feeling anxious to get to the new place, nervous about what my daily life will look like during the time I am there, but above all else, I am calmed by the call of The Universe to know that I am exactly where I am supposed to be. I feel like I am in a cosmic understanding with my place in the world. I am confident that even though I am in a situation that I am not used to, I know that I will be okay.

4) Traveling let's you meet new people.

One of my greatest friends, Nermina, I only just met physically earlier this year. She and I had met through mutual friends and instantly connected. We would Skype often and message daily. We planned a big trip to Los Angeles earlier in January and the moment we met, we knew that we were meant to be friends. Traveling allows you to get outside of what you consider your spectrum and learn more about the people, the culture, and the surroundings around you.

5) Traveling helps you grow.

I will tell you that I am a firm believer that The Universe brings you people, places and experiences that allow you to grow spiritually and emotionally. Traveling helps fuel the bloodlines that connect you to the world around you. Exploring a new place, be it a neighboring city, another state, or even a brand new country helps push you outside of your shell and allow yourself to push above to the next level. You are in an entirely new place and in a weird way, you have no choice but to get into the mental space of seeing the world through someone else's eyes.

For me, traveling means that I am opening up doors to a whole new side of my spirituality. I am leanring the ways and customs of the locals, I am hearing the heart beat of the land, and I am sleeping in a space that already has their ideals set in stone. Traveling allows me to find the difference between what I thought I was capable of and what I actually am capable of. If getting on a plane and living out of a suitcase isn't up your ally, even making your way across your home state is a journey. You may just be surprised at what you discover about yourself.