51 Lyrics To Make You Think

51 Lyrics To Make You Think

"The sky is falling, the wind is calling/ Stand for something or die in the morning." -Kendrick Lamar (HiiiPoWeR)

7755
51 Lyrics To Make You Think
yumgsta.com

Even Plato said; "Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and charm and gaiety to life to everything." These are some of my favorite lyrics and songs from all kinds of artists like Billy Joel to Kendrick Lamar. Each one makes me think and I hope they do the same for you.

1. "It's always hard to see past the surface, when it looks so perfect/ But our eyes will disguise dirt on purpose, ya listenin'?"

The Neighbourhood (West Coast)

2. "I decided long ago, never to walk in anyone's shadows/ If I fail, if I succeed/ at least I'll live as I believe/ No matter what they take from me/ They can't take away my dignity."

Whitney Houston (The Greatest Love of All)

3. "You ain't gotta be old to be a man"

Mac Miller (Cinderella)

4. "This weights too much alone/ Some days I can't hold it at all/ You take it on for me/ When tomorrows too much/ I'll carry it all/ I've got you."

Jack Johnson (I Got You)

5. "Go to work, do your best/ And don't outsmart your common sense."

Lee Brice (Love Like Crazy)

6. "I'll pick you up when you're getting down/ And out of all these things/ I think I've loved you better now."

Ed Sheeran (Lego House)

7. "Don't let the feeling that I'm all alone deceive me/ Just let me in and show me love."

Hundred Waters (Show Me Love)

8. "Remember who you are/ No you're not perfect/ But you're not your mistakes."

Kanye West & Paul McCartney (Only One)

9. "And there will always be stop and go and fast and slow/ Actions, reactions, sticks and stones and broken bones."

Jack Johnson (Times Like These)

10. "Hail Mary, Jesus, and Joseph/ The great American flag is wrapped and dragged with explosives"

Kendrick Lamar (XXX)

11. "For what's money without happiness?/ Or hard times without the people you love."

J. Cole (Love Yourz)

12. "I know this species so easily feels hatred/ A part of me keeps faith that our people achieve greatness."

Kinetics (Time Machine)

13. "Well your mother told you all I could give you was a reputation/ Aw, she never cared for me, but did she ever say a prayer for me?"

Billy Joel (Only The Good Die Young)

14. "So wake me up in the spring/ While I'm high off my American dream/ We don't always say what we mean/ That's the lie of an American teen."

Khalid (American Teen)

15. "Those three words/ Are said too much/ They're not enough."

Snow Patrol (Chasing Cars)

16. "When I'm gone, just carry on, don't mourn/ Rejoice every time you hear the sound of my voice."

Eminem (When I'm Gone)

17. "How sweet it is to love someone, how right it is to care/ How long it has been since yesterday, what about tomorrow?/ And what about our dreams and all the memories we share?"

John Denver (Poems, Prayers, and Promises)

18. "So we will sing/ Cast our hopes out to sea/ Though our hearts break/ Through violent winds our ships will sail it."

Temper Trap (Down River)

19. "We didn't start the fire/ it was always burning since the world's been turning"

Billy Joel (We Didn't Start The Fire)

20. "Don't let me show cruelty, though I may make mistakes/ Don't let me show ugliness, though I know I can hate/ And don't let me show evil, though it might be all I take."

Hundred Waters (Show Me Love)

21. "I've got someone who waits for me/ And right now she's where I need to be."

Josh Turner (Time Is Love)

22. "Yes, there are two paths you can go by/ But in the long run, there's still time to change the road you're on."

Led Zepplin (Stairway To Heaven)

23. "You know life is what you make it/ And a chance is like a picture/ It'd be nice if you just take it."

Drake (Un-thinkable)

24. "'Cause it takes a boy to live/ But it takes a man to pretend he was there."

Lumineers (Flowers In Your Hair)

25. "What's better than yellin' is hollerin' love/ What's better than rhymes, nickles, dimes and dollars and dubs/ Is calling your darling for calling her up/ It ain't nothing better than falling in love."

Chance The Rapper (That's Love)

26. "Though we live on the US dollar/ You and me, we got our own sense of time."

Vampire Weekend (Hannah Hunt)

27. "Deep down in my heart, I hope you're doing alright/ But from time to time I often think of why you aren't mine."

Khalid (Saved)

28. "Honey just put your sweet lips on my lips/ We could kiss like real people do."

Hozier (Like Real People Do)

29. "When you think of love do you think of pain?/ you can tell me what you see/ I will choose what I believe/.../ This mess was yours/ Now your mess is mine."

Vance Joy (Mess Is Mine)

30. "Look at the nation/ That's a crooked smile braces couldn't even straighten."

J. Cole (Crooked Smile)

31. "You don't get another chance/ Life's no Nintendo game."

Eminem (Love The Way You Lie)

32. "What good is taking over when we know what you gon' do?/ The only real revolution happens right inside of you."

J. Cole (High For Hours)

Everyone should listen to this song, especially millennials, the words hold major weight.

33. "You're gonna miss this, you're gonna want this back/ You're gonna wish these days, hadn't gone by so fast."

Trace Adkins (You're Gonna Miss This)

34. "What's fun about commitment? When we have our life to live/ Yeah, we're just young, dumb, and broke. But we still got love to give."

Khalid (Young Dumb & Broke)

35. "Every saint got a past, every sinner got future/ Every loser gotta win and every winner gotta lose someday."

J. Cole (Déjà vu)

36. "I need someone to love me the whole day through/ Ah, one look in my eyes and you can tell that's true..."

Neil Young (Old Man)

37. "She is something to behold/ Elegant and bold/ She is electricity/ Running to my soul."

Vance Joy (Georgia)

38. "Our dreams, and they are made out of real things/ Like a, shoe-box of photographs."

Jack Johnson (Better Together)

39. "No need to fix what God already put his paintbrush on."

J. Cole (Crooked Smile)

40. "But you gotta keep your head up, oh/ And you can let your hair down."

Ben Howard (Keep Your Head Up)

41. "My hard head stayed in the clouds like a lost kite/ But gravity had me up in a submission hold/ Like I'm dancing with the devil with two left feet and I'm pigeon toed."

Chance The Rapper (Everybody's Something)

42. "Love is a Polaroid/ Better in picture/ But never can fill the void."

Imagine Dragons (Polaroid)

43. "Happiness hit her like a bullet in the back/ Struck from a great height by someone/ Who should know better than that?"

Florence & The Machine (Dog Days Are Over)

44. "They see my little 10 Day tape and my dumb raps/ Don't call it impossible, if you really want that."

yeah... I like this song a lot.

45. "Jealousy is just love and hate at the same time."

Drake (Over My Dead Body)

46. "I was scared of donuts and the dark/ I was scared of pretty girls and starting conversation."

Vance Joy (Riptide)

47. "I've been waiting for you for the whole week/ I've been praying for you, you're my Sunday Candy."

Donnie Trumpet & The Social Experiment (Sunday Candy)

48. "Anger, I seen it rise/ From a careless word That I said/ Well guilt is wasteful, Pride is Childish."

Ben Howard (She Treats Me Well)

49. "I'm lucky I'm in love with my best friend/ Lucky to have been where I have been/ Lucky to be coming home again."

Jason Mraz (Lucky)

50. "When you try your best, but you don't succeed/ When you get what you want but not what you need."

Coldplay (Fix You)

51. "Loving can hurt something, but it's all I know."

Ed Sheeran (Photograph)

"Music is love, love is music, music is life, and I love my life. Thank you and good night." ~A.J. McLean

Sometimes we get so caught up in the way music sounds that we forget to take it for what it says. I hope these quotes made you think and you enjoyed reading this as much as I loved writing them. Share with your friends and see what they think!