Millennials, You Have Strength

Millennials, You Have Strength

Dedicated to everyone who needs to hear this.

11
Millennials, You Have Strength
www.publicdomainpictures.net

Dear 20-Something,

Life can be tough. I know it.

It can make you feel like when you take one step forward, you are almost immediately pulled one hundred steps back. It can make you feel constantly rejected and unappreciated, and that can do a number on your confidence.

Life can be overwhelming. I’ve felt it.

The pressure of managing school or work or relationships along with the monotonous, and sometimes daunting, tasks of everyday life can unhinge your universe. You may look at yourself and believe that you are alone and that no one can fathom (or wants to understand) your plight, so you keep your worries to yourself and struggle through your days.

But in the midst of all your troubles, I want you to know this: You are stronger than you think.

I want you to take the time to really think about the word strength and all it means as you read this. Possessing strength means to have the ability to refuse being moved or broken by a powerful force. Beyond the physical aspect of the definition, strength is something that we all have within us. Whether or not we can see it in ourselves is what differs from person to person.

Now, your strength has nothing to do with if you never cry or if you never show emotions (truthfully, I believe that the strongest of people are in tune with their emotions and aren't afraid to show them to others). It has solely to do with the fact that you cannot give up. Ever. Not on your dreams, not on your work, and never on yourself. This means that you have you must push through all of the trials to get to your triumphs, and whether you believe this of not right now, you will have triumphs.

But I also want you to know that there are strengths in your failures as well.

When you fail, be it a test or a goal you wished to reach, find the beauty in learning from your time of weakness and discover that you can turn those flaws into force. Do not let the moments of defeat take this away from you. Use that strength to move you forward in your life. I want you to handle your anxieties knowing that you have the power to conquer them.

Acknowledging your inner strength won't always be the easiest of tasks. You will have periods of self doubt, setbacks, and real tests of your willingness. But do know that when the time comes, you are able to see through them.

These may be simple things that you have heard before, and if so, let them remain in your thoughts so you can continue to refer back to them. And if no one has ever said this to you before, I’m saying this to you now. Because I see your strength, and I want you to see it too.

Sincerely,

A 20-Something.