The 50 Shades Of First-Date Thoughts

The 50 Shades Of First-Date Thoughts

If I have been on a date with you, just know 97% of the time I was thinking about one of the 50 items listed below.

224
The 50 Shades Of First-Date Thoughts
Amber Armstrong

Most of us know the stressful and anxious feelings on a first date. I remember my most recent one. As soon as I saw him I immediately ran to the bathroom. Basically making a decision on whether or not to run out and blame it on not finding good enough parking. I am sure Anastasia Steele had some awkward thoughts when she first started getting to know Christian Grey.

Why is it so hard to wake up and have a normal date with someone you know little about? I'll tell you why: because it's bloody terrifying! Every aspect of the day, until you get to jam in your car on the way home, has you constantly on your toes.

Maybe these next 50 thoughts/actions will help you remember your first Tinder date emotions or that awful coffee encounter you had three years ago:

1. *Wakes up and instantly puts "Fergalicious" on repeat*

2. "Maybe I'll go for the natural look."

3. *Stares into the mirror and realizes that won't cut it today*

4. "Do I style my hair or leave it so I don't look like I'm trying to impress him?"

5. *Checks Yelp to see what the date location's aesthetic is and how you should dress*

6. "WHERE ARE MY TWEEZERS?"

7. *Applies mascara* *Sneezes instantly*

8. *Takes out jeans from freshman year* *Cannot get them past knees*

9. "Darn, should've stopped after five slices of pizza last night."

10. *Screams because you almost forgot to do your eyebrows*

11. “I guess pepper spray is necessary."

12. "Do I look like a potato or a French fry today?"

13. "Just kidding, look at me! I'm wifey material!"

14. *Sends location to your best friend so they can find you if you go missing*

15. "Do I listen to smooth jazz to look sophisticated or blast Taylor Swift?"

16. "BUT IV'E GOT A BLANK SPACE BABY, AND I'LL WRITE YOUR NAME!"

15. "Should I park close so if things start to go south I can rush out of there or let him walk me to my car?"

16. "Do I face the window to show off my highlight or away so he isn't blinded by the volcano on my forehead?"

17. "What about if I'm walking into a trap and he's a wanted serial killer?"

18. "Do I arrive a little late so he can see me walk in, or get there before him and practice my sitting position?"

19. *Instantly runs to the bathroom to make sure the wind didn't mess up your hair*

20. "Maybe if I hide quickly I can sneak out and text him that I was needed in another country."

21. *Makes eye contact* "Oh gosh, he's beautiful. Don't turn bright red, don't turn bright red."

22. "Do I order the salad to look like I care about what I put in my body or get the ribs?"

23. *Awkwardly tells your date how cute the server is while you're ON A DATE*

24. *Takes a bite of the hot food your waiter told you to let cool down* *Feels instant burning sensation*

25. "Is it normal to sweat this much?"

26. *Jokes that your cat is the best/only committed relationship you have ever had*

27. “Do I ask him about his relationship with his mom or is that too much on the first date?”

28. *Takes mental note to find the other girl he just mentioned on Instagram later*

29. "Is he taller than me? Do you think the waitress will measure us?"

30. "Oh, you have a cute story about your dog? Let me tell you about the most embarrassing moment of my life!"

31. *Tries to not bring up when he went to Germany in 2008 because you only know this due to stalking him at 2 a.m. last night*

32. “Oh gosh, he isn’t saying anything..." *makes a joke about the carpet*

33. "Is it normal to stare at him this much? Who cares, he's beautiful."

34. "I forgot what he said... just act like it made sense and compliment his face."

35. "He's gone to the bathroom... must re-apply perfume and check how much sweat my face has built up."

36. "I ate way too much." *Goes to unbutton pants... re-thinks decision*

37. "Do I reach for my wallet or...?"

38. "Maybe I'll order dessert? Just kidding, I can't breathe."

39. *He holds the door for you on the way out* "What a gentleman! Or maybe he just wanted to get a view of my butt?"

40. "Is there going to be a moment? Do I kiss him or should I lean in for an awkward handshake?”

41. "Oh gosh, I kind of like him." *starts thinking about the cats you'll get together*

42. *Starts car and turns off Taylor Swift just in case you drive past him*

43. *Five minutes after saying goodbye* "I am going to text him about how incredible today was!" *instantly regrets it*

44. *Realizes you have rib sauce all over your face and hope he thought it was cute*

45. "Maybe I'll go shopping for second date clothes since I only have one good date outfit."

46. *Replies to your best friend so they know you haven't been kidnapped*

47. *Looks up every girl he mentioned on the date*

48. "It's been six minutes... why hasn't he responded?"

49. "Maybe I should focus on myself for a while!"

50. *Realizes nothing is going to happen with him and downloads Tinder hoping for a miracle*

And the cycle repeats until you find someone who laughs at your cringy stories, shares your love for "Parks and Recreation," and knows how to make a good cup of tea.