49 Summer Puns Perfect For Your Next Instagram Caption

49 Puns That Were Mer-Made For Your Insta Beach Captions This Summer

Because you just can't resist the need to pun.

4998
Women on beach in sunglasses posing candidly while on her cell phone

Puns are the greatest invention of any language. A clever play on words never fails to make me giggle. Here are some punny captions to add to your Insta page to spice it. Picture it, a sunny snap of you at the beach (or really any summer destination), glowing and in your summer-prime, and to tie it all together, a caption that makes others lightly laugh to themselves.

Maybe you'll laugh a little harder.

1. Please excuse my resting beach face

2. We were mer-made for each other

3. Do fish go on vacation? No, because they're always in school!

4. Son of a beach

5. Reading while you sunbathe makes you well red

6. What did the pig say on a hot day? I'm bacon!

7. Don't get tide down this summer

8. You're one fine-apple

9. Tropic it like it's hot

10. Whale, hello there

11. Yeah, buoy!

12. Anything is popsicle when you're under the sun

13. I like big boats and I cannot lie

14. If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

15. Fluent in s'mores code

16. You used to call me on my shell phone

17. A midsummer ice cream *insert ice cream emoji for flair*

18. What do you call a dog on the beach in the summer? A hot dog!

19. Keeping it reel at the lake

20. How do teddy bears keep their den cool in the summer? They use bear conditioning!

21. Avoid pier pressure

22. Whatever floats your boat

23. Why did the dolphin cross the beach? To get to the other tide!

24. Girls just wanna have sun

25. It's nice to ketchup with friends

26. Shell-abrate good times and tan lines

27. Why do bananas use sunscreen? Because they peel!

PSA: please always wear sunscreen even if you "don't burn." The sun can unfortunately be harsh no matter how much fun it is to play under its rays. #SafetyFirst

28. Hanging with my grill friends

29. Sun of a beach!

30. I stayed up all night to see where the sun went and then it dawned on me

31. Dear winter, I'm breaking up with you. Summer's just hotter.

32. All you need is some vitamin sea

33. Why is a baseball game a good place to go on a summer day? Because there are a lot of fans!

34. I love you s'more every day

35. What does the sun drink out of? Sunglasses!

36. Beach, please

37. What is the best day to go to the beach? Sunday!

38. The police gave summer a ticket because it was going by too fast

39. You're one in a melon

40. Long time, no sea

41. Find your porpoise

42. Shell we dance?

43. What do whales like to put on their toast? Jellyfish!

44. I'll shorely miss the beach

45. Gurl, water you doing?

46. Relish the moment

47. Beach, don't krill my vibe

48. Seas the day!

And last, but not least . . .

49. Sun's out, puns out

You can substitute buns, gun, etc. in place of puns depending on your Insta pic. Go crazy.

If you have the opportunity to pun then go for it, you won't regret it. Stay punny, my friends.