50 Iconic Spongebob Quotes

50 Iconic 'Spongebob Squarepants' Quotes We All Know And Love

SpongeBob SquarePants is an icon of our generation and easy to rely on when you need a good laugh.

686

SpongeBob SquarePants is an icon of our generation and notably known as the zany yellow sponge who lives in Bikini Bottom.

On November 26th, Stephen Hillenburg, the creator of this nostalgic show we've all grown up loving, unfortunately succumbed to his battle with ALS and left many hearts weighing heavy, myself included.

It doesn't really matter how old I get, I'm probably going to reference SpongeBob quotes until the day I die and I'm not ashamed of it. It's a classic cartoon that has formed into a culture of its own. Whether it's a viral meme used as a reaction or a one-liner to express what's on our mind, we've all referenced SpongeBob before.

In honor of the man who started an entire culture based off a yellow sponge, here are some all-time memorable quotes.

1. "I wumbo, you wumbo, he-she-me wumbo" 

2. "Ravioli, ravioli, give me the formuoli" 

3. "The hash slinging slasher!"

4. "You don't need a license to drive a sandwich."

5. "Is this the Krusty Krab?"

"No, this is Patrick"

6. "Oh magic conch shell..."

7. "LEEDLE, LEEDLE, LEEDLE, LEE."

8. "My leg!"

9. "This isn't your average everyday darkness. This is... advanced darkness!"

10. "He was number one!"

11. "Can I be excused for the rest of my life?"

12. "Goodbye everyone, I'll remember you all in therapy"

13. "I'm a good noodle!"

14. "Hey pal, you just blow in from stupid town?"

15. "We should take Bikini Bottom and push it somewhere else!" 

16. "Chocolate, I remember when they first invented chocolate. Sweet, sweet chocolate. I ALWAYS HATED IT!"

17. "Welcome to the Salty Spitoon. How tough are you?" 

"Weenie Hut Juniors?!"

18. "Oh these pies aren't homemade, they were made in a factor. A bomb factory. They're bombs."

19. "Don't genius live in a lamp?"

20. "Who ever is the owner of the white sedan, you left your light on."

21. "Oh east? I though you said weast."

22. "IT'S AN ALASKIN BULL WORM!" 

23. "The best time to wear a striped sweater... is all the time! One with a collar--turtle neck--that's the kind..." 

24. "I thought of something funnier than 24." 

25.

25. "What does claustrophobic mean?"

"It means he's afraid of Santa Claus!"

26. "Hmmm, a five-letter word for happiness... money."

27. "It's not just any boulder... IT'S A ROCK!"

28. "Now put it on the lid."

"No, the lid. The lid. The lid. THE LID."

29. "F is for friends who do stuff together, U is for you and me, N is for anywhere and anytime at all..." 

"F is for fire that burns down the whole town, U is for uranium... bombs! N is for no survival!"

30. "Do you smell it? That smell. A kind of smelly smell. The smelly smell that smells... smell."

31. "Licking door knobs is illegal on other planets." 

32. "Are you feeling it now, Mr. Krabs?"

33. "CHOCOLATEEEEEEE!!!"

34. "Is mayonnaise an instrument?"

35. "What is today, but yesterday's tomorrow?"

36. "Once there was an ugly barnacle. He was so ugly that everyone died. The end!"

37. "ME HOY MINOY!"

38. "The Krusty Krab pizza is the pizza for you and me." 

39. "Well maybe we wouldn't sound so bad if some people didn't try playing with big meaty  claws!"

40. "I'm ugly and I'm proud."

41. "Here lies Squidward's hopes and dreams" 

42. "I was born with glass bones and paper skin. Every morning, I break my legs, and every afternoon, I break my arms." 

43. "Fine, I guess you're gonna miss the panty raid."

44. "Not when I shift into... MAXIUM OVERDRIVE!" 

45. "Happy Leif Erikson Day! Hinga Dinga Durgen!"

46. "1% evil, 99% hot gas."

47. "I'm Dirty Dan!"

"No, you're Pinhead Larry!"

48. "I'm a Goofy Goober!"

49. "We don't need television. Not as long as we have our imaginationnn." 

50. "I know of a place where you never get harmed. A magical place with magical charm. Indoors. Indoors. Indoors. Take it away penny."

I think it's safe to say... only true "Spongbob Squarepants" fans will understand where I'm coming from.