5 Worship Songs For The Mountains And Valleys In Life

In life there are going to be highs and there are going to be lows, in either case, we should worship.

17

Sometimes Christians, myself included, think of worship as that thing you do before the sermon on Sunday mornings. We might raise our hands, get really into it, and feel the holy spirit move in that moment and it's great. But I think we forget sometimes that worship doesn't just have to take place in the church, but worship can be something that we use in our lives daily in many different circumstances. The incredible thing about worship is that it can be used both as a source of comfort, and as a weapon, but in both cases, ALL the glory is being given to God. When I'm having a fantastic day, I like to worship. When I'm having a horrible day, I like to worship through it. Here are some songs that have allowed me to rejoice during the mountains of life, and that have helped carry me through some deep valleys.

1. "Do It Again" by Elevation Worship

"I've seen you move, you move the mountains, and I believe, I'll see you do it again"

This song has been just what I needed in times where I've felt like nothing seems to be going right. When it seems like mountains would literally have to be moved in order for circumstances to work out, I like to blair this song. It's a wonderful reminder that God is literally capable of moving mountains and that He's been faithful before, so He'll be faithful again.

2. "Surrounded" by UPPERROOM

"It may look like I'm surrounded, but I'm surrounded by you."

This anthem is literally about fighting your battles with worship. Worship can be so powerful. We might think we are completely surrounded by the enemy, but we need to remember we are first, and foremost, surrounded by God. This song may seem repetitive, but think of it as a battle cry when the enemy is trying to wage war.

3. "Prophesy Your Promise" by Bryan and Katie Torwalt

"Fear can go to hell, shame go there too. I know whose I am, God I belong to you"

Sometimes you find yourself in what seems like a big mess. You might be angry, anxious about the future, depressed, etc. Whatever the case, it's clear the enemy is trying to attack. This is a song about truly believing God is who He says He is and that ultimately, we belong to Him. This is a song to shout in the face of the enemy to let him know he has absolutely no place here.

4. "Death Was Arrested" by North Point InsideOut

"When death was arrested and my life began"

When you really want to rejoice in the fact that we have a savior who loves us so much that He died for us, this song does the trick. It so beautifully narrates the victory we have because Jesus died for use. It truly is an anthem.

5. "Living Hope" by Bethel Music (Originally Phil Wickham)

Another song that paints a beautiful picture of the hope we have because Jesus died on the cross for us. I don't know about you, but I get excited about that every time I think about it.

Whatever your circumstance, positive or negative, there is always a reason to worship. What Jesus did on that cross for us is worthy of all of our praise. Jesus literally conquered death, therefore there's nothing for us to fear and a whole lot to be excited about. When you feel like you're on top of Mount Everest - sing, and when you feel like you're at the bottom of the deepest valley, sing even louder.