5 Ways You Can Start A Healthy New Year

5 Ways You Can Start A Healthy New Year

Wipe the slate clean and start fresh.

175
5 Ways You Can Start A Healthy New Year
Photo by Marion Michele on Unsplash

Everyone always wants to start over and get healthier for the New Year. Here are 5 ways that you can do just that:

1. Do a yearly review.

Ask yourself questions. Think about last year.

• What went well for me last year?
  • What accomplishments did I have?
  • How did I improve my life or how can I?
  • How did I improve my relationships or how can I?
  • What did I remove from my life that is now making me happier or how can I?
  • What do I wish I had taken more time for?

These types of questions are about all the important areas of your life: your family, relationships, finances, your career, and your home. These questions will help you appreciate all you’ve accomplished in the previous year, and you can use this information to start the new year off right and set better goals for the next year.

2. Finish what you started.

Which projects, errands, and general list of to-do items do you have left over from the previous year that you can complete in 2 hours or less? Do them now to clear your mind of the old items. Keeping projects around like pets doesn’t do us any good; they just weigh on our minds. People will spend hours thinking about something that will only take 10 minutes to take care of. Cross those things off your list and give yourself a fresh start.

3. Be realistic and honest.

Dreaming is fabulous and highly recommended, but if you want to initiate improvements in your life, you need to be realistic and honest with yourself. As much as you may want something, it’s very likely you don’t really believe you can have it. If you did, you would already have achieved it.

We have to turn a dream into something we can picture accomplishing before it can become a reality.Take your dream and start breaking it down into milestones: if you want to work from home, what are the steps you need to take? Break those steps down further so you can create a game-plan and start working towards accomplishing that dream.

4. Focus on what YOU really want.

Ask yourself what your dream looks like. What are you doing in the dream? How are you living? Who is in the dream with you? What does a typical day entail?

These questions will help you define what lifestyle you really want, and give you ideas about how you can achieve that lifestyle. For example, if you see yourself relaxing by the fire with a good book and a cup of tea, ask yourself why you aren’t spending more time that way now. What things are in your way and how can you rearrange your priorities in order to have the lifestyle you really want?

If you think that what you want is more money, keep digging and thinking about that response. What would you do if you had endless amounts of money? Would you travel, volunteer, or live simply and quietly away from it all?

5. Putting yourself first.

We really can’t help others until we help ourselves. But, taking care of yourself and striving to reach your own goals will make you a better spouse, friend, child, and parent. Be sure to make time for yourself each day to work toward your goals, or to attain the lifestyle you want.

These 5 resolutions can help everyone be much healthier in 2018. These resolutions don't just help us physcially, but emotionally, spiritually, and socially as well.

January 1st, 2018 is a Monday. A fresh week. A fresh month. A fresh year. If you want to start over and have a healthy New Year, it's the perfect time to do so.