5 Ways to Spend “Galentine’s Day”

5 Ways to Spend “Galentine’s Day”

If you're looking for a fun way to spend the holiday with your best friends, check out a few of these ideas
62

Over the past few years, the term has become increasingly more popular. The famous holiday of Valentine’s Day was always about dressing up in your best clothes and eating a fancy dinner. Now, younger generations of women are transforming it into a night spent enjoying life alongside their best friends. If you are looking for inspiration on how to spend your Galentine’s day, search no further. Here are five cheap yet really fun ways to spend the night!

1. Movie Night

Whether you and your friends stay in and binge watch movies on Netflix or see a film that just hit theaters, you cannot go wrong. It’s about putting on your favorite sweatpants and buying buttery popcorn and candy. Search for a romance film that will make you cry to set the mood for the holiday!

2. Spa Night

Spend the day pampering yourselves. Go all out with manicures and pedicures and end the night with face masks. It is a great way to destress and spend the night in the most serene way possible. It is also a cheaper way to have fun without breaking the bank, especially if you do everything yourselves!

3. Go To A Concert

Although it may be difficult to find a concert on exactly February 14th, search for something more local. It does not necessarily have to be a major headliner but perhaps some live music downtown. If you do come across a headliner nearby, make the road trip! If there are no options, play some of your favorite throwback songs at your house and enjoy a game night with your friends.

4. Crafting Night

A night of crafting may scare some people off from the beginning but it is not about performing your best work. Buy some cheap canvases and paint from Walmart and search on Pinterest some of your favorite quotes. It can be very relaxing and you will also end up with some new wall art! If you are looking for a more upscale experience, check out a local wine and design place.

5. Shopping Spree

This may be my most favorite idea. What better way to spend the holiday than shopping? Go to a mall or shopping center you have never been to before and see what styles they offer. Try on lots of different options and turn it into an experience!

It is crazy to think January is already coming to a close. Before we know it, spring break will be here and then summer vacation. Make the month of February count and spend the 14th with your favorite people. From concerts to crafts, spa nights to shopping, try something new and make the most of the holiday. Reminisce on your favorite memories from the years you all have shared together.