5 Ways to Be Less Lazy This Summer, As Told By The Kardashians

It's the little things in life that count.

147
Caroline Walker

Summer is the biggest excuse to basically sleep in until noon, do nothing all day, and have as little interaction with humans as possible.

Even though it is good to sit back and relax for a little, just sitting around for four months is kind of sad and a waste of time. Instead, along with occasionally sleeping in and having no obligations except maybe a part-time job, we should be taking advantage of the free time and bettering ourselves for the long run. And no, this does not mean you have to spend a bunch of money on an expensive vacation or decide to take 5 online classes. Just a couple of little activities that are better than just sitting around and binge-watching "Riverdale" or "13 Reasons Why."

1. Get a gym membership

Put getting in shape and being healthy at the top of your list. The best way to get started doing this to sign up for a gym membership and make a commitment to go at least three-to-five times a week. This will leave you feeling energized and good about yourself while getting that summer bod.

2. Make it a priority to get brunch or plan a party with your friends or family

Don't isolate yourself over the summer. Spend time with the people around you, it will make your summer much more enjoyable and you can look back at all the time you spent together and all the crazy things you did. Come on, it will be fun.

3. Create a project for yourself

This could be a hobby or passion, for example, planting a small garden or painting a picture; something that you have been putting off or something you have wanted to do for a while, but just never had the time or energy. Trust me, after you are done you will feel like you have accomplished a lot over the summer.

4. Try to get up earlier

Getting up at noon just automatically means you are going to have a lazy day. You think to yourself: well I have already slept this late I might as well just lay around and do nothing. No. This is why you get up a few hours early (9:30 or 10 a.m.) and get your day started so that you actually get up that day. You will thank me later.

5. Clean and organize your space

Having an organized room means a clearer mind and more room to feel go throughout the day. Whenever I clean my room I always feel like I can accomplish more. So if you don't do anything else this summer, at least go through your room, throw out your junk and make your bed.

It's the little things in life that count, so just try a couple of these things by the end of the week, you will feel a lot better;)