5 Definite Signs To Know If You And Your Partner Are Mutually In Love

Knowing if you're in love is important and knowing if your partner is in love with you crucial.

5826
truelove

In this day and age, everybody wants to fall in love but nobody wants to truly put in the work for a relationship. Subsequently, many people fall into a "flirtationship" or end up being the "side chick" without that actually being what they want. Don't get me wrong, if you and your friend with benefits have fully communicated the details of your situation and that is what works best for you both, then so be it. However, communication is often lost and feelings get hurt. Thus, if you're ever wondering where you stand with somebody or you're questioning how you truly feel about them, look to the following list for some tell-all signs of being in mutual love.

1. You both support each other in all current and future endeavors.

One of the most important parts of a relationship is being able to grow together and not apart. A lot of the time relationships, especially those started at a young age, fall apart because both partners are spending time figuring themselves out and their wants and needs change. However, a couple who is truly in love with one another will make the effort to consistently understand each others' needs.

As you each grow, you may run into obstacles that separate you physically such as college, the military, or extended business trips. Couples who are mutually in love will not let this worry them because they are secure within their relationship. If nothing else, you should always be secure in your relationship.

2. Texting is as fun as physically hanging out.

In such a digital age, half of a relationship is spent texting or online. Unfortunately, this makes it extremely easy for one side of the relationship to ignore the other. Sometimes when someone is only slightly interested, they may make an effort in person when they have to see you face to face. In person, they're constantly reminded of your good looks and your beautiful smile which keeps them intrigued.

The key here is keeping each others' interest. Couples who are mutually in love don't need to be constantly reminded of each others' beauty for the fact that their love exists on a deeper level that is not just physical. Though seeing each other is a crucial part of every healthy relationship, being able to survive without seeing each other is important, too.

3. You never (very rarely) complain about each other to your friends.

Okay let's be honest, we all like to complain. We've all those "I'll screenshot you so quick and send you to my best friend" memes also. Everybody has their bad days, and that is okay. The difference between couples who are in love and couples who are truthfully wasting their time is that the former understands each others' mood swings and provides unconditional love nonetheless.

Secondly, if there is something that comes between you and your partner that is bigger than the occasional bad day or mood swing, you should also not bring that up to your friends. Adding more people to the situation will only create more drama and increase the number of casualties. Communication is key in relationships where both partners are mutually in love. If you and your partner talk to other people about your relationship more than you talk to each other about it, then you might want to reconsider the way you're going about things.

4. You're both honest and comfortable.

Lying is obviously one thing that can easily ruin many relationships. This includes white lies and what you'd consider "the small things." Many people believe that if you lie about the small things then you will also lie about the big things. Thus, be honest with your partner. Couples who feel the same amount of love for each other will never even consider lying about who they're with, where they're going, or what they bought.

Partners should always feel comfortable with each other. Many people lie because they feel it is their only option and they want to defer their partner's anger or sadness. Couples with mutual love will never feel as if they can't tell their partner something for fear of their reaction. Being comfortable in a relationship should come early and easy.

5. You're truly each others' best friend.

I know many older, wiser people tell younger people to fall in love with their best friend. However, they also advise to keep a good group friends during a relationship so they have a support system if the relationship falls apart. This seems paradoxical to me, so I seem to agree more with the former. Finding your best friend that you want to be in a romantic relationship with is very important.

Couples who are mutually in love with each other will know that it's okay to only have one or two friends other than their significant others. They will also know that it's okay to spend the majority of their time with each other. Having a best friend and a romantic partner in the same person is super convenient and very, very, important in being and staying in love.

Overall, communicating what you truly want will help you land the relationship you're looking for. Don't change your wants or needs based on what you or somebody else thinks is "cool." If you think you're in love, talk to your partner about your feelings. You should never apologize for what you feel, whether it is mutual or not.