6 Ways America Is Doin' The Most This Holiday Season

'Tis the season to be extra!

46

What makes inflatable dragons, glitter bombs and weeds have in common? They've all made 2018 holiday news!

Bustin' moves in Baltimore

What's worse than rush hour traffic? Rush hour traffic during the holidays! (Ugh.) A Baltimore commuter didn't let it get him down, though. He got out of his car and busted a few moves (since his car sure wasn't going anywhere.) A driver in the opposite lane, Erin Konheim Mandras, got his iconic moves on video.

Dragon inflatable hate mail 

Louisiana science-fiction writer, Diana Rowland, loves her festive, inflatable dragon display. But her neighbor? Not so much. Rowland received a letter from her neighbor saying:

"YOUR DRAGON DISPLAY IS ONLY MARGINALLY ACCEPTABLE AT HALLOWEEN. IT IS TOTALLY INAPPROPRIATE AT CHRISTMAS. IT MAKES YOUR NEIGHBORS WONDER IF YOU ARE INVOLVED IN A DEMONIC CULT. PLEASE CONSIDER REMOVING THE DRAGONS. MAY GOD BLESS YOU AND HELP YOU TO KNOW THE TRUE MEANING OF CHRISTMAS."

And Rowland's response? She set out even more dragons.

Glitter fart bomber 

A former NASA engineer, Mark Rober, has figured out a way to stop the package thieves this holiday season. It's said that 30% of Americans have reported packages stolen off of their porches, but police typically ignore the cases. Rober's method? Blast thieves with glitter and fart spray.

Airport fish babysitter 

College kids are coming home for the holidays, and a Colorado student, Lancie Powless, was hoping to bring her pet fish, Cassie, home with her. Unfortunately for Powless, Southwest doesn't allow fish on flights, so Cassie was abandoned in the airport. The fish was then rescued by some airport staff and is being taken care of until Powless returns to the Denver airport.

Griswold rescue

A Texas Veteran, Alfred Norwood, called 9-1-1 after he saw a "man" dangling from a roof. The house's security cameras captured Norwood panicking and calling to the "man" to direct him safely down to the ground. Shortly thereafter, Norwood realized the "man" was actually a dummy of Clark Griswold from the National Lampoon's Vacation series.

Oh Christmas weed 

Troy Emerick of Toledo, Ohio, decided to make a sad, untended weed into a happy Christmas tree. The weed on the corner of busy roads Sector and Alexis has now become famous in the town, and now others are contributing to its "beauty"!