5 VH1 Reality Shows You Forgot Ever Existed

Or maybe you didn't forget...because they're pretty hilarious.

102
Straight From the A

It’s a known fact…people LOVE reality TV. Whether it’s the drawn out catfights, the petty drama, or the questionably genuine attempts at finding love, there’s something everyone can find entertaining in a good reality show. The early 2000’s saw the creation of an array of memorable reality shows, a number of which birthed spin offs that arguably did better than the original show. While the topics of these reality shows varies, in most cases they are about someone attempting to find love. I’m sure you could’ve guessed this, but when you get a group of people together and they’re all trying to find love with the same person, things tend to get a little messy to say the least. With that being said, here are five of my all time favoritereality shows that you may have forgotten existed.

1. Flavor of Love

Flavor of Love was one of the first reality shows I ever saw, and boy was it a riot. The show follows rapper and hip-hop hype man Flavor Flav on his quest to find love from a group of twenty women. If you know anything about Flavor Flav, you know that he’s a wild and outlandish individual. Therefore, his show was nothing short of that. As the self-proclaimed “Blackchelor,” each week Flav would eliminate one or more women, narrowing the group down with the goal of finding out which woman was best for him. The show was filled with juicy drama and even created one of reality TV’s most memorable moments ever, Pumkin spitting on New York. If you live under a rock and have never seen that clip before, you’re welcome, enjoy it below.

2. I Love New York

After making it to the final two on Flavor of Love season one and two...and consistently not being chosen by Flavor Flav, VH1 decided to give Tiffany Pollard, aka New York, her own chance to find love. It was similar in structure to the Flavor of Love. Miss New York brought twenty eligible men to her California mansion to see which one truly had love for New York. The show was no stranger to physical brawls, explosive confrontations, and hot dates with New York herself. However, after two seasons of the show, New York still didn't find the man for her.

3. Real Chance of Love

Clearly, VH1 is a huge fan of spinoffs. Just like I Love New York, Real Chance of Love came about after two brothers (given the nicknames Real and Chance by NY) both weren't chosen as New York's perfect match. On the show, Real and Chance were horse breeders and music producers who also happened to be on the market for love. After two seasons that included multiple challenges and eliminations, both Real and Chance ultimately couldn't work things out with the ladies they chose. Even though things didn't work out for these eccentric gentlemen, having two brothers battle it out over the same group of women definitely makes for great reality TV.

4. New York Goes to Hollywood

SPOILER ALERT: ANOTHER SPINOFF!! Self proclaimed reality TV queen New York made her way back to VH1 in the hopes of hitting it big in Los Angeles as a professional actress. The show follows New York as she goes to auditions, takes acting classes, and actually works in LA. Now, if you know anything about New York, you know that she is extremely outspoken. This led to many hilarious moments throughout New York's journey in Hollywood. Check out one of my favorites below.

5. Rock of Love with Bret Michaels

Rock of Love was yet another show that was clearly influenced by Flavor of Love. The show follows that conflicts that arise as twenty women fight to prove that they are the perfect "rock star girlfriend" for rock band Poison's lead singer, Bret Michaels. Through various physical and social challenges, the women were tested to see which of them has everything it takes to be Bret's perfect match. Not many girls can handle the rockstar lifestyle and because of this, Rock of Love was around for three seasons. Just like every other similar reality show, twenty women all vying for the attention of one man can breed a ton of drama. Enjoy one of my favorite fights from Rock of Love below!