5 TV Shows To Watch Right Now

5 TV Shows To Watch Right Now

If you have Netflix, Hulu, or Amazon Prime you're in for a treat.

4
5 TV Shows To Watch Right Now
https://images.unsplash.com/photo-1560169897-fc0cdbdfa4d5?ixlib=rb-1.2.1&ixid=eyJhcHBfaWQiOjEyMDd9&auto=format&fit=crop&w=1504&q=80

There are TONS of incredible shows on all the streaming services that I don't mention in this article. I chose to write about these specific shows because they have either just been released or have recently aired their second season. I wanted to keep the list fresh and new. Other shows that I absolutely love that have been around for a while are Fleabag (Amazon Prime), Marvelous Mrs. Maisel (Amazon Prime), Broad City (Hulu), Black Mirror (Netflix), Euphoria (HBO), Girls (Amazon Prime), Big Little Lies (HBO), The Act (Hulu), American Horror Story (Netflix), and SO many more. Check them out!

Hunters (Amazon Prime)

Set in the 1970s, Hunters is about a Jewish kid whose grandmother was murdered in the middle of the night. He later finds out that she was a part of a Nazi killer society. The group she was involved in was dedicated to hunting down past and current Nazis to seek their revenge. Warning: this show is very violent. It has some unsettling images and concepts, but how could it not when it revolves around Nazis. Also, Logan Lerman (Percy Jackson, Perks of Being A Wallflower) is the lead and he's yummy and talented.

This Is Us (Hulu)

This show has been around for a while, but season four has wrecked me. If you haven't watched this show, it will have you laughing and crying during every single episode. I'm not exaggerating. It's about a family of nontraditional triplets. The story takes you back in time to their childhood and also guides you through the struggles and successes they endure in the present day. The show continues to be extremely inclusive. It touches on racial issues, disability, abuse, addiction, dementia, sexuality, and love. There is absolutely no way someone could watch it and not connect to at least one aspect of it.

Sex Education (Netflix)

This show is in its second season and gets better and better by the episode. The story is about a high school teenager who has a sex therapist as a mother. Because of this, he has extensive knowledge about sex, so he created a business at school where students pay him for sex advice. In the newest season, his school hires his mother as a guidance counselor and naturally, things go haywire. His personal business begins to plummet because students are now getting advice for free…from his mom. Along the way, there are a few love triangles, some heartbreak and a lot of awkward moments. Anyone who has attended high school can relate to something in this show.

Cheer (Netflix)

I know what you're thinking because I thought the same thing. How could I possibly enjoy indulging in a bunch of skinny people getting thrown into the air? I was conditioned in high school to stay away from the cheerleaders because a majority of them were complete a**holes. Netflix surprised me with this one. The show follows a group of cheerleaders attending Navarro College in Corsicana, Texas. They're the best in the nation and continue to win national titles at a huge cheer competition in Daytona, Florida. The whole show focuses on how the team prepares for this year's national competition. There are lots of injuries, tears, drama, and big hair. I hate how much I love the show and I think you will too.

You (Netflix)

The script may be unquestionably cheesy at times, but overall, You does a great job of pulling you in and not letting you go. Every episode ends with some kind of cliff hanger. The second season was released recently and it's just as good as the first. It's one of the only shows I've ever seen that makes me feel sympathetic for the villain. If you haven't seen the first season, the show is about a guy named Joe who stalks people he is either in love with or feels threatened by. There are lots of twists and murders and surprises.