5 Tips To Win As The Imposter In Among Us

As we leave the waiting room we all want to see the word "IMPOSTER" in big red font, but how many of you know what to do afterwards?

4
Screenshot by Addie Procak

The app that took everyone's attention away from their priorities like class assignments and work shifts. It's an extremely addictive game that is played all over the world by all ages. It starts with a group of ten random participants from which one to three of them can be chosen as imposter while the rest play as crewmates. To win the game as an imposter, you need to be sneaky and kill the crewmates before they complete all the tasks needed. The list of tasks can range from three up to well over ten. However, don't get caught using the vents to travel because their goal is to vote the imposters off.

Here are some ways you can hopefully guarantee a victory as the imposter:

1. Be sure to check if visuals are on and off. People will defend each other by watching whether they do tasks or not. Check visuals so if you say you're collecting trash and someone can't see it but visuals are on, they then just caught you in a lie. You need to pretend to do your tasks and not just run around aimlessly.

2. This one is common sense, but constantly be aware of your surroundings. If you are planning to kill, check one, two, or even three times to make sure no one is in sight as well as you can't be seen on cams. There is a kill time limit so if someone sees you will not be able to kill them right away too.

3. When going to vent, if you're seen and someone calls an emergency meeting, immediately say you saw whoever called the meeting vent. If you get your word out first people are often to believe you.

4. As an imposter, you can sabotage the lights or reactors, which makes the crewmates stop what they are doing to run to where they can fix the problem. You can sabotage and then run to fix it, because why would the imposter fix the issue they purposely caused?

5. Make allies, while in the waiting, talk to people and make friends. They will be much more likely to defend you. As well as stay around some people without killing them because later on they will then say you did not kill when given the chance.

It's all about being smart and one step ahead everyone else.