5 Tips For The Wannabe Instagram Influencer

Take your Instagram feed from a two to a ten with these few tips.

106

I am the first one to admit that I have an Instagram obsession. No matter where we are, I am the friend that hands over my phone and says, "Can you take a picture of me?". No shame in that right? However I thrive on making my feed look as perfect as possible. Numerous people have asked me how I got my profile to look so put together, so get out a pencil and paper because I'm about to share my best Instagram secrets.

1. Use Lightroom Presets.

Jenna Scheuerlein

This is the KEY to having a cohesive looking feed. I know everyone likes to make fun of the girls who's skin looks orange and grass looks dead but we don't have to take it that far. You also don't have to spend hundreds of dollars using the presets that your favorite Instagram influencer made because guess what? they're not that great. I get my presets from etsy.com. They're affordable and super easy to use.

2. Don't be afraid to ask others to take pictures for you.

I know sometimes it can be awkward to look at your mom and ask her to be your Instagram photographer, but in the long run, I can pretty much guarantee she doesn't care. My 13 year old sister has become quite good at taking pictures for me, and I know that secretly she feels a little bit of pride when I post a picture that she took. So ask your friends, your boyfriend, your siblings, maybe even your dad. Everyone loves to be a photographer for a few minutes.

3. Create Instagram Highlights.

Jenna Scheuerlein

This one can be kind of a pain, but it lets your followers take a look into your everyday life. The pictures that you post on Instagram stories don't have to be perfect because they're only up for 24 hours, and they never need a filter or any crazy editing. Give it a name that's short yet sweet, and make covers for your highlights that match the feel of your feed. It'll make your page seem more friendly!

4. Post consistently.

One post every few months just isn't gonna cut it. Not every picture has to be perfect, but if you think it's cute, upload it! It's given me a lot of confidence to post a random picture on the gram and know my besties are still gonna hype me up. I'm not saying post everyday, but once a week or maybe even more will remind your followers that you didn't fall of the face of the ear

5. Have a color scheme.

Jenna Scheuerlein

This one comes pretty easy to me but can be difficult for a lot of other people. I tend to wear the same colors and spend a lot of time outside, therefore it makes sense that my feed is basically white, blue, and pink. Now that I know that, if I'm going to take a picture for Instagram I'll stand in front of a white wall on purpose or I'll wear something blue. It's really the little things that can make your feed intriguing enough to gain a follow!