7 Daily Struggles You just Can't Shake If You Have An Uncommon Name

You win some, you lose some.

24
incolors.club

Having an uncommon first name definitely has its perks. Growing up, you and another kid with the same name didn't have to use the first letter of your last name to differentiate the two of you. People are always complimenting it, especially considering they really don't hear it often. With that being said, though, there can definitely be downsides to having an uncommon name, too.

Here are some pros and cons of having an uncommon name:

1. People are constantly mispronouncing it.

"ALY-ANA?" "ALANA?" "ALEE-NAH?"

2. You can never find your name on a keychain in a gift shop.

I mean you can get "Alan" or "Elena" but it's just not the same thrill...

3. Whenever you type your name into a Word Doc, it always got the red squiggly line under it.

"Um, I'm sorry Word. That's my name, don't be rude."

4. When you meet people who have already seen your name before and they say, "I don't want to say it wrong, what's your name?"

"Is it JACKS, JAUX? JACK-QUES?"

5. You have about 10 nicknames from your friends & family.

6. People often compliment your name because they have never heard it before.

7. You stand out that way.

WERK.