5 Things I Want to Do This Fall

5 Things I Want to Do This Fall

I'm really excited to have a real fall experience and these are some things I want to do.

177
5 Things I Want to Do This Fall
Odyssey

I'm very excited because this will be my first fall where it's not in the 90's almost the entire time. Where I'm from, it doesn't cool down until at least November and cool in Texas means in the 60s which is not that cool compared to New York. My friends have already talked to me about their favorite things that they do and that they want to share with me, so here are five things that I'm excited to do this fall in New York:

1. Go pumpkin picking

Honestly, I can do this at home but it's like 85 degrees and not fall like at all. I'm already excited about going in New York because I'll be able to wear jeans and a flannel for cute pictures and not be dying/melting underneath. Also, it would be cool to do it at a pumpkin patch considering there aren't too many where I am from. I will finally be able to get the real fall experience of pumpkin picking!

2. See the leaves change

The leaves in Texas don't change and if they do it's a very short-lived change. The leave life cycle where I am goes from the leaves being green one day and then dead the next. Up here the leaves are already starting to change, so I'm excited to see all the fall colors around me for once and have it stick around for a bit.

3. Go apple picking

I've never gone apple picking before, so that's something I'm really forward to this fall. I'm also looking forward to baking something with all the apples I pick! I've already been on Pinterest looking at fun fall apple recipes!

4. Sitting by the fire

Most people back home don't have fireplaces and if they do, it's just for show. Someone who has a fireplace in Texas really only uses it a hand full of times and really only during winter. The times that I've been up here in the fall, the places with a fireplace have had a fire going in them so I'm excited to sit by the fire and sip apple cider.

5. Wearing sweaters everyday

Okay, so this one I do at home during the winter, but it's honestly my favorite thing about cold weather. Winter clothes look so put together already, so I love being able to throw on a sweater and jeans and look like I spent a hour on my outfit. Also, sweaters are super comfy and forgiving which is great after I eat all of the pumpkin bread my stomach can hold!

Fall is literally my favorite time of the year, so this year I'm really excited to experience it for a couple of months instead of a couple of days! Also, I get to experience it in a place that has a real fall and not just a sort of fall and with all of the new friends that I have made so far!