5 Things To Do To Truly Relax Over Winter Break

College students: here's some things you won't want to miss out on over break.

302
Artikel Page

Christmas Break: the thing we have long been awaiting. Finals are over, and it's finally here. We finally get to go home and be with our families. However, going home for break may mean that you have to fit a ton of things in and can feel as overwhelming as school sometimes is. We sometimes forget that it's a break, and it's well deserved. Here's 5 things to make sure to do over Christmas break before you come back to school and crush spring semester:

1. Rest.

Being in college, we often forget how important sleep is, or we are so slammed with schoolwork that sleep gets pushed to the bottom of the totem pole. Your body can't function (well) without sleep, and now you have the perfect opportunity and excuse to sleep in. Sleeping isn't the only way to rest, relaxation can do a person good. Especially a stressed college student. Find your favorite way to relax, and make sure to get plenty of it in before Spring semester. You're gonna need it.

2. Spend time with your family.

Spending time with friends at school is fun, but we don't get to see our families enough. We miss them and they miss us. Make sure to spend enough time with them over break that you are tired of them and ready to come back to school. Kidding, but really, don't take them for granted. This includes your dog or cat, they missed you too.

3. Eat good food.

Home cooking has never sounded so good. We've been eating campus food, fast food, or frozen food for too long now. It's time to eat good food. Plus, it's the holidays, so you can eat as much as your heart desires. Being in college makes me even more thankful for family Christmas dinners, and all the good desserts that they make.

4. Spend time with hometown friends.

You may not get to see each other as much now that you're in college. Now that you're home for a month you can spend time together and enjoy your hometown bond that you have. You can catch up on each other's lives and enjoy each other's company, just like old times.

5. Do all the Christmas activities.

Watch Christmas movies, drink hot chocolate, eat Christmas cookies, go see Christmas lights, go see Santa, go shopping, go to church services, listen to Christmas music; there are so many fun Christmas things to do and there's only a certain period of time we have to do these things. We finally don't have school responsibilities for a month, so go enjoy this special time of year with your loved ones. Merry Christmas and have a happy break!