5 Things To Check Out On HBO Max

5 Things To Check Out On HBO Max

HBO's new streaming service is here and it has practically everything.

16
5 Things To Check Out On HBO Max

It seems like every major network has come out with its own streaming service. I feel like normally this would be overwhelming (and it still kind of is), but right now a lot of us are thankful for the option to binge our favorite shows from our couch. HBO has thrown themselves into the mix with HBO Max, their new streaming service that has almost everything. From Adult Swim shows to classic Cartoon Network shows to Turner Classic Movies, HBO Max has a lot to watch. They even have some new original series that I think are worth checking out. So take a look below at what I think are the best things to watch on HBO Max!

1. "The Not-Too-Late Show With Elmo"

"The Not-Too-Late Show With Elmo" is one of HBO's new originals on HBO Max. It features our favorite childhood best friend, Elmo, running his own late-night show before his parents put him to bed. It currently has three twenty-ish minute episodes featuring Jimmy Fallow, Kasey Musgraves, the Jonas Brothers, John Mulaney, and Lil Nas X. It's very cute, kind of entertaining, and definitely nostalgic. It's also a fun idea to have these great musicians singling classing Sesame Street and children's songs.

2. "Love Life" with Anna Kendrick

"Love Life" is yet another HBO Max original. And I'll admit, I haven't watched this show yet, but I literally love anything with Anna Kendrick in it. Even if the show itself is terrible in every conceivable way, I can practically guarantee that it will be worth watching because Anna Kendrick is hilarious. So watch it, it will probably be good!

3. The new "Looney Tunes Cartoons"

live.staticflickr.com

If you were/are a fan of the classic "Looney Tunes" shows, you're sure to love the new HBO Max original: "Looney Tunes Cartoons." This reboot/continuation of the old "Looney Tunes" show has all the classic characters you love in new and silly situations. The animation style has been updated a bit to look a tiny bit more cartoonish, but overall, it still has the classic style everyone recognizes. It's definitely a fun show to binge when you don't want to pay complete attention to the television.

4. All of the Ghibli films

https://nerdist.com/the-creepy-theory-about-studio-ghiblis-my-neighbor-totoro/

One of the biggest draws for me to HBO Max is the fact that is has every Studio Ghibli film. Recently, the Ghibli films were added to Netflix everywhere but in the United States and now we know why! Personally, I own most of the Ghibli films on DVD or BluRay anyway, but isn't nice to have a more portable option at my fingertips. Plus it's nice to not have to get up from my couch cocoon to change a disk.

5. One of the Turner Classic Movies

upload.wikimedia.org

If you're in the mood of a classic movie, HBO Max has many of the Turner Classic Movies including every version of "A Star Is Born." Forbes has already compiled a great list of classics movies to watch and I don't think I can do any better, so I recommend checking their list out here. There's plenty of other movies not listed on there, like "Little Shop of Horrors" and "Harold and Maude," but if you spend a few minutes digging around the TCM section you're bound to find something good.

Happy binging friends!