5 Things That Trip You Up In Life (And How Not To Care)

"Stop tripping, be happy."

288
Todd Hamilton Photography- @creative_portraits

I would be lying if I was going to say that I rarely ever get worked up within the thought of some things. There are many things that really (really) tick me off, but I’ve learned that they’re just not worth being annoyed about (sometimes lol). Here are just a few:

1. Appearance

Now, this is really one that I didn’t want to put up because beauty is definitely versatile, but some days I can’t help but look in the mirror and be like “…?”- which is probably relatable to a lot of people. I’ve learned to realize that everyone has bad days and that’s normal, it’s a part of life. What I now look forward to are the days that I’m feeling myself and am able to look in the mirror like “…!!!” (which should be everyday, but that’s not realistic)

2. Whenever someone gives me ill advice on how to live MY life

There’s always that one know-it-all lurking around somewhere in your life just waiting to feed you some unnecessary BS in hopes of bringing your inner happiness and self-esteem down. And I have just the very thing you should say to that person (preferably quietly in your head, because you’re classier than that), “Shut Up”. Sometimes people give great advice, and that’s amazing, I’m always welcoming advice that is actually of some use to me with open arms. But, when someone thinks they can just say whatever they want about the way I live life when it’s just not useful- nope, can’t take that, sorry. I’ve learned to simply just ignore. Ignorance really is bliss!

3. That. one. person. who. just. doesn’t. stop. UGH.

Now, these particular people can come in the form of an ex, ex-best friend, long-lost classmate, etc. In your mind, they have left your life a long, long time ago. But, according to them, there’s still some kind of relevant role they think they play in your life. They text people mean crap about you, and act like they don’t think their words will be screenshotted right back to you. They stalk all your social media to see what you’re up to. They try to get close to all your friends. They subtweet you to no end and get mad when they don’t see your reaction (when there isn’t one because you could care less). No matter how annoying they get, you just have to be happy about one thing- in your eyes, they’re out of your life. So, just mentally block and even virtually block them if you want! Do what you need to do to really convince yourself that if you want them out of your life, then, *poof* they're gone.

4. Judgmental/Pretentious people

There’s only so much I can say about this one. It’s 2017. Let’s all be friends. And, if you don’t agree- just leave. Please lol.

5. People who live in their cellphones when we’re supposed to be having a conversation

Come on, really?? Now, referencing my last point, while it is 2017- being so invested in your cellphone in the midst of a conversation is just irritating. I get that sometimes people need to answer a text or two, check up on their friend’s snapchat story, or maybe even tweet something irrelevant. But, doing all those things while I’m trying to have genuine conversations just isn’t right and will forever be annoying. This doesn’t happen too often but when it does, it’s better to walk away.