5 Abnormal Things That Are Totally 'Normal' If You're A College Kid Dealing With Finals

During finals week, what becomes "normal" is typically strange behavior and habits. What are these strange habits and behaviors, you might ask?? Well, lucky for you, I made a list!

369
Unsplash.com

As if college campuses aren't weird enough, campuses get a whole lot weirder during finals week. During finals week, the new "normal" is typically just strange behavior and habits. You may be wondering, what are these strange habits and behaviors? Lucky for you, I made a list!

So, here it is: 5 things that become "normal" during finals week.

1. The All-Nighter

Typically utilized by psychopaths, the All-Nighter becomes common practice on campus when the study guides come out. A mix of procrastination, complaining, and studying make for a night without sleep.

2. An Obnoxious Caffeine Problem

For college students, caffeine is usually a normal remedy for exhaustion caused by studying but during finals week, we see a steady increase of dependency on campus. What was once 2-3 cups of coffee a day turns to 5-6 cups or even more. This type of behavior comes as a way to push through those all-nighters we just talked about.

3. Eating at Ungodly Hours of the Night

Being up until 6, 7, or even 8 in the morning, we seem to lose track of what time it really is. What is usually a 7pm dinner turns into an 11pm dinner and what is usually a 9am breakfast turns into a 4am snack. This type of behavior is quite strange considering all normal people are sleeping, but hey, its college.

4. No Alcohol???

I know, I know. No alcohol is usually a normal behavior but for college students, not having a beer in the middle of the week is very strange. During finals week, we see an epiphany called "Dry Week" this strange and ominous time is a time where nobody goes out, they just study. Weird right?

5. Not Showering

I tend to stay away from this behavior but some people live by it during finals week. A mixture of sleepovers at the library and just being so exhausted to not care is an equation for not jumping in the shower for an nice soak. Gross, but you gotta do what you gotta do.