5 Things We All Have To Be Thankful For This Thanksgiving

Some of the things that all college students should be thankful for this Thanksgiving.

10
Elana Israeli

Being away at college, many of the luxuries of being in your own home and your own town are no longer within reach. With Thanksgiving rolling around this week, many of us, college students, have begun packing our things for our short ventures home. I, for one, cannot wait to be home for a week and experience so many of my everyday luxuries that are no longer available to me in New Orleans. Don't get me wrong, I love Tulane and NOLA, but a little break is needed sometimes.

1. Showering without flip-flops

Okay so this may seem like a totally bizarre thing to be thankful for, but when you have been subject to showering in a public bathroom for almost four months, its pretty coveted. The idea of walking into a bathroom and not being concerned about shower shoes and bringing a caddy with you is definitely something to look forward to!

2. Sleeping in your house

Waking up to chatter in the hallways and people kicking over empty water coolers isn't exactly my idea type of morning, so being home in a quiet environment is something that my sleepy-self cannot wait for.

3. Not having to go to classes

A week off from classes, work, lectures, and tests is basically a MUST at this point in the semester, especially with finals coming up full speed ahead.

4. Seeing your best friends

Going to different schools than your best friends and having completely different social calendars making for thanksgiving to be even more coveted. I have no seen some of my friends since August so going home to see them this week is super exciting. I am so thankful to have this week off to see all my friends from their different schools across the country reunite in our hometown and relax.

5. Having an authentic home cooked meal

One of the best parts of Thanksgiving, if not the best, is the meal. It is not only a meal, but an experience shared with family and friends to give thanks for all the good we have in our lives while enjoying some good food. I am particularly thankful for the fact that I will be having a meal that doesn't involve Seamless, GrubHub, Postmates, UberEATS, or BRUFF.