5 Things All Tennessee Volunteers Want For Christmas

'Tis the season to love a Vol, and this is how you can show yours you really care.

12

It’s Christmas time in Tennessee, and you know what that means? Hundreds of students in bright, geometric, ugly sweaters roaming the beautiful campus of the University of Tennessee. You may know one of these lovely undergrads, but do you know them well enough to find them the perfect Christmas present this year? Lucky for you, here is a list of the top five items for your Vol!

1. Anything from the Vol Shop.

You probably will only be able to buy about one article of clothing and a power T tattoo before your bank account completely hates you, but hey, your Vol will definitely be looking fresh for the next football game with their new “Butch Please” T-shirt.

2. MORE DINING DOLLARS.

It’s dwindling down to the last part of the year, and we all know that fear of letting the girl at Chick-fil-A swipe our Volcard and waiting for that number to pop up on the screen in front of us. Yes, we should all eat ramen every night like normal college kids, but have you ever BEEN to a Q-Doba?

3. Meet and greet with Smokey the Dog.

Smokey, Tennessee’s greatest pride and joy, is every Volunteer’s favorite pup. Almost every student here knows that one guy that knows that guy who knows this guy who knows a guy that knows Smokey’s handlers’ friend. We all want to be that guy, and we all want to get in with the face of the Tennessee Volunteers.

4. Lunch with Jalen Hurd and Josh Dobbs.

I mean, this might just be my beautiful dream, but something tells me that there are some people out there that have always wanted to sit down at a table across from Tennessee’s finest running back and quarterback. You’ll more than likely receive bonus points if they have orange bows on their heads.

5. A guaranteed parking spot.

Does your Vol ever talk about taking their vehicle somewhere and just seem anxious and on edge about it? Well, let me tell you, they are already wondering what time they need to leave, what the weather has to be doing, where the moon is in the sky, and which way the wind must be blowing just to get a parking spot when they arrive back on campus. You would definitely be the person of the year just for buying out one single parking spot and getting it, dare I say, monogrammed with their initials, so they know that spot is theirs and will always be waiting for them when they return to campus.

Let’s be real, your Volunteer will appreciate whatever you choose to do for them, because as you are probably aware of, almost every Vol is beautiful inside and out, and is always appreciative of everything, no matter how small. I mean, let’s be real here, we sort of have to be when our football team is always deciding to whip out surprises at the oddest of moments while on the field mid game. But, tis the season of giving, so let’s give our Vols the best we can this year to thank them for all of the amazing gifts they give us.