5 Things You'll Miss Most About Your Roommate Over the Break

Sometimes it's hard living alone

20

Obviously coming to college is a whole new chapter in your life. We already know that. But one of the biggest adjustments you make is learning how to live with another person. Regardless if you know the person or not, it is not easy.

I'll be the first one to tell you that I have had my share of horror stories about roommates, which I can now laugh about. But I have also had some great experiences that I will never forget. If you have a great relationship with your roommate like I do, then it will definitely be weird being away from them for about a month. Here are the things we will most likely miss about our roommates over the break:

1. Your "Sounding Board"

Your roommate is usually the first person you see in the mornings and the last one you see before bed, so it is inevitable that they will always be there to hear you complain about that one butt head who won't text you back or about how Starbucks screwed up your mobile order. No matter the issue, they are always there to listen

2. Your Alarm Clock

After living with each other for a few weeks, you begin to figure out each others schedules. If your alarm fails to go off, they know when you need to be up and moving. Or in my case, their alarm sounds like a bomb that is about to explode and wakes you up in a split second.

3. Your Personal Stylist

"Does this look okay?" is probably something I hear about five times a day...but hey, that's what roommates are for! Your roommate is always there to give you fashion advice, tell you if you can see your butt crack when you sit down, and maybe even let you borrow some accessories from their closet!

4. Your Life Coach

Sometimes life just gets you down and all you want to do is lay in bed and binge watch Gilmore Girls. Well, your roommate is always there to encourage you and get your spirits lifted. Whether is sending you pictures of cute puppies or forcing you to put on that red lipstick to go out and dance the night away to Justin Bieber, you can always count on them to cheer you up.

5. Your "Personal Photographer"

If you have a SnapChat obsessed roommate like I do, then you know exactly what I am talking about. We may document each other doing weird things, but it'll be fun to go back and look through all of the weird or embarrassing pictures/videos from a night out and remember all of the good times.

Here's to one semester down with someone I consider more of a best friend than a roommate, and here is to one more great one to come.