5 Things You Must Have To Survive The Semester

Time is almost up. How are you going to prepare?

13
Board of Child Care

It is getting to the point where you can no longer stay in denial about the end of summer approaching. With less than two weeks until the beginning of the fall semester it is time to start preparing. Despite any anxiety I have about starting school again, shopping for supplies and getting organized is my all time favorite thing in the whole process. Not only do I enjoy preparing but it helps relieve some of the stress that the first week chaos brings and makes the entire semester pass by much more smoothly! These are my top five my school survival essentials.

Colored Pens
(with corresponding colored folder and notebook)

I color code everything. Each class is designated a color so that it is easy to identify that class's information. For example, if i chose purple for my English class, my English notebook would be purple, as would the folder and I would even use a purple pen for the notes and for English class deadlines/reminders in my planner.

Planner

It is so much easier if you do not rely on your memory alone to remember every little thing. Write deadlines on the calendar portion of your planner so you can easily see your time frames. Then used the weekly sections to write down your goals for each individual day; even if it is not school related, write it down! I promise it will make your life easier. You can pick out out at the store or find a printable version online!

Sticky Notes

These things are amazing. They can be used for so many different purposes. Write thoughts you have or something you professor mentioned on them and stick them in your text book by the related text. That way there is not writing in your expensive textbook but you can easily keep your place.

Note Cards

Who knew cutting paper into smaller sizes could be such an awesome study tool? Use note cards for vocabulary terms, sequencing events in history, steps in math, or lab chemicals. They are even a great aid when writing a research paper by using them to organize the structure of your paper.

Laptop/Tablet

There are so many different websites and apps that make you academic life so much more manageable! Google Docs is a lifesaver for group projects or for working from multiple devices. I highly recommend learning how to use your Google account to you advantage. Quizlet is a website that also has an app where you can search for note card sets that other students have created or make your own to help you study. You have the option to flip through the flash cards, quiz yourself, or play games with the information for variety. Browse the app store on your device or look up websites that can aid you in organization or studying. Your school probably even has an app that all of your class's information is on where you can set up notifications.

Now you know how to be ready to take on the semester!