5 Things I Learned Being A Positive Person In A Negative World

Being a positive person in a negative world can be difficult, here are some lessons I have learned.

144

It's sad to say that we live in a very negative world, and being a positive person in this negative world can be difficult at times. I'm usually a pretty positive person, and I try to always find the good in things. So here are a few lessons I've learned from being a positive person in a negative world.

1. Not everyone will share your positivity.

For as positive as you may be, there are some who can be just as negative. While you like to point out the good, positive things that can come from whatever situation you may be in, there will always be those who will try to only point out the bad that can happen. The trick is to know when and where to share your positive thoughts with those around you, because while you may appreciate the positivity, not everyone else will.

2. There is something called too much positivity.

Just like there are some very negative people, there are also some very overly positive people that are just too over the top. We all know that person who is extremely happy and peppy 24/7, and while it may be nice at times, there are other times where it is just down-right annoying

3. You don't have to be positive all the time.

You may be a positive person, but that doesn't mean you have to be upbeat, happy and positive all the time. We're all human, meaning we get angry, mad, upset, whatever, sometimes, and it's natural. We're people, and we have feelings, meaning our emotions change and we won't always be peppy, and happy. Just know that its natural, and ok to not be so positivity once in a while.

4. You can always find some positivity in everything.

Being the Harry Potter nerd I am, of course I have to mention the well known quote by Dumbledore, "Happiness can always be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light". And oh how very true this is, there is always some little bit of positivity if you choose to look hard enough, you will always find it.

5. You can brighten anyones day, even if you have no idea.

This one took me a bit longer to figure out, but it's so worth it. You can make someones day just by being who you are. It's one of the most rewarding things ever to see someone smile because of something you said or did.

Positivity is the one thing that a person has that cannot be taken away from them. No matter what happens, you will always have that bit of positivity you can find. No matter what situation you are in, you'll always be able to find a way to be positive. And by being positive, you will not only improve your day, but chances are you will also improve someone else day as well.