5 Things I Learned About Myself By Scrolling Through My Entire Instagram Page

Want to know more about who you were way back when?

16
PicJumbo

1. My Written Language Included Way Too Many "Haha's."

I said "hahaha" a lot in my captions and comments... Way too much.

I would write captions like "Just got a Starbucks hahaha" or post a photo of a friend and write "hahaha he's cool."

Like, I'm sorry, did I miss something?

What was so funny about that to me? Gosh, I was naive.

2. I posted really embarrassing selfies.

Back when I didn't know how to properly fill in my eyebrows, or even how to apply makeup well at all.

3. I truly thought drinking Starbucks was considered cool.

I posted pictures of my Starbucks because I thought it was cool or aesthetic... and also because I never drank Starbucks, so when I did I was like "Oo, look at me! See, I drink Starbucks, too! I'm cool, I swear guys!"

Yup. This was me.

vs. other girls

4. I had a keen eye for the aesthetic.

I posted a lot of pretty aesthetic photos when I first started on Instagram a few years ago, most of which I took and edited. Yet at the time I didn't realize they qualified as "aesthetic." (Because I was too busy trying to make my Starbucks photos look Tumblr-esque.)

I took every photo you see above, which even I myself couldn't believe when I scrolled through my page! I have always been interested in photography, but it seems that some of my best work was done when I wasn't even trying to take a meaningful photo, just a cool snap for the gram.

I've also taken some really nice photos of sunsets and sunrises.

(Yes, those are clouds beneath the mountains!)

These days I actually still aim to post aesthetic or pleasing-to-the-eye type of photos, yet I think I'm trying much harder today than I was back then...

5. I wasn't exactly health-conscious.

I think this speaks for most kids today, we didn't (and they currently don't) really care, unfortunately.

I posted a TON of pictures of food -- and from the looks of it, I ate really unhealthy, really often. From Pizza Hut to McFlurry's to Taco Bell runs, desserts like ice cream floats and cookie cakes at restaurants, and the list goes on... Donuts, cupcakes, chicken nuggets, cheesecake, ice cream, all in the same week! No wonder why I have to watch what I eat now. If I ate as carelessly as I did when I was 16, I wouldn't be doing very well, health and fitness wise, today.