Five Things Every Laid-Back Person Can Agree With

"It doesn't matter." — Your response to everything

3178

I've been this way my entire life. I never really realized the extent to how laid-back I actually was until I found myself caught in situations and reacting much differently than most people (or girls) would. I mean, don't get me wrong, I have my moments. Not everything is always approached with a "go with the flow" mentality, but for the most part, only a small number of things truly bother me.

Maybe it's because I'm the middle child, and they are said to be more laid-back compared to their high-strung older sibling (Sorry Alyssa, but we can't deny it. It's true). I grew up with the notion that everyone was like this, that all people could easily shake things off and take a somewhat rational approach to situations rather than wanting to burn the person's house down who did them wrong.

Here are a few things that every laid-back person tends to experience from time to time:

1. You don't care as much as you should.
Sure you care about things, but at the end of the day, you let things go. Some mistake this as being a pushover or being weak, and that's not the case. You simply have bigger things to worry about. You've come to terms with the fact that you cannot hold a grudge no matter how hard you try. And even if you're initially pissed about something, eventually you realize that you don't actually care about it as much as you probably should (Or as much as most people would.)

Just because you don't talk about your feelings 24/7 or make a huge scene when someone upsets you doesn't mean you don't have feelings at all, they're just tucked away, far away, and in a very deep place. But, reality check, you're not perfect; it just takes a lot more to get you angry and fired up.

2. You're awful at relationships.
You go with the flow — it's in your blood. You find people telling you that you're, "hard to read" more often than not. You're not exactly one to be straightforward about how you feel or incredibly open, but you definitely have your own way of showing you care.

Growing up, my friends have always told me that I had a guy's mentality when it came to relationships, meaning I don't care about every minuscule aspect. In my mind, it shouldn't have to be this huge production some people make it out to be; it should just feel right. And if it doesn't, then you simply get over it and move on.

3. You avoid confrontation at all costs.
When you get mad you might freak out to your friends, but rarely to the person who initially pissed you off. And after about five minutes you realize it's not worth it to confront the other person, because what would that do other than fuel the fire? What would you get out of it? And quite frankly, ain't nobody got time for that.

4. You might say you're, "Sooo stressed out," but deep down inside you're really not.
Getting stressed out isn't something you're good at. Unless you have four papers and a group project due the same day, it's mostly smooth sailing on your end. Sure you might get a little anxious or nervous, but never stressed to the point of freaking out because of it.

5. You hate when people get mad or yell.
If you see someone who looks like they're about to have smoke come out of their ears, you think, Not today, find your chill please. When someone gets outright mad at you, you find yourself unsure of what to do. You also find yourself telling them to calm down, which I've learned is never a good idea!!

Being laid-back or Type B, as some would call it, is both a blessing and a curse.