5 Things To Kiss On New Year's Eve If You're Single AF

Get ready to pull that Jo-Bros poster back out.

149
quintanomedia / Flickr

If you are forever alone like me, New Year's Eve can strike a little fear in your heart when you realize you are going to be the only one with no one to kiss when that clock strikes midnight. Lucky for you, I have come up with a list of some other options so you don't have to feel alone this celebration season.

1. Your dog

TBH, I'd pick my dog over a boy any day of the week. Your dog will give you all of his love and will never leave you. The biggest issue you'll have with him (or her!) is to get him to cooperate long enough to let you plant a big ol' smooch on the back of his head. He's your perfect New Year's kiss because after you ring in the new year he'll be more than happy to curl up with you on the couch and fall asleep.

2. Your fave bottle of booze

New Year's Eve is one of the booziest days of the year and I'm here for it. Champagne, wine, hard liquor, whatever you are into is surely flowing all night at any NYE party. If you don't have a boo to smooch up when that clock turns 12, grab your bottle of booze and take a sip.

2. That poster of Zac Efron/ the Jonas Brothers/ whatever celeb you loved when you were 12

I don't know about you, but Nick Jonas was BAEEE when I was a kid. I had a huge Jonas Brother's poster hanging on my closet door and I would stare at it until I fell asleep at night. Embarrassing? Maybe, but I know you all did it too. If you are feeling lonely this NYE, maybe break out that old poster? Ya know, just to reminisce.

4. Your Cat

I'm a total dog person, but if you have a cat the same rules still apply. Your cat may scratch and paw at you because, in my experience, cats are not fans of being restrained. Grab your little kitty and plant a big smooch on her head.

5. Your BFF over facetime

If you are in college, you'll most likely not be with your BFF on NYE. If this is the case, Facetime her and blow her a kiss to ring in the new year.

No matter how you are planning on ringing in the new year, having or not having someone to kiss at midnight doesn't define you. Remember girl: You are an independent woman who don't need no man.