5 Things I've Learned While Attending UNITED Church

I absolutely love it.

12

Attending church services were never a big thing in my life. Of course, I enjoyed it as a little girl. I went to Sunday school and did my first communion in my small town's church. When my family and I moved to Delaware, we tried going to a Catholic church named Holy Cross. We went for holidays and when my mom wanted to go to church on a random Sunday. When I went to UNITED Church on January 29, 2017, my life changed. I hate when I miss church because I feel like attending makes my week so much better. Going to church and being surrounded by everyone there is a big part of my life now. I have met so many amazing people and listened to great sermons that have taught me a lot in such a short time.

1. Singing is a great way to worship.

It does not matter whether you can sing or not. Sometimes Pastor Kenneth will tell everyone in the church to sing while he is up on stage. You can even see him and his wife singing in the front. The songs we sing are not traditional like something you would hear at Holy Cross. They are upbeat and I love them. I don't know about anyone else but these songs touch my soul and make me want to worship.

2. I have the best Pastors ever, seriously.

Yes, this is something I have learned. I have learned to know what kind of people they are. I have learned that they are not perfect either. No one is. Their sermons bring me to tears. When Pastor Nick talked about his heart condition, it made me feel less alone because of mine. When Pastor Kenneth recently talked about freedom and being set free from whatever was holding you back, I completely broke down and had a sense of realization. Pastor Anthony helped baptize me and Pastor Mark is always cracking jokes. They are honestly the best.

4. We are truly a family and relationships will grow.

I literally feel like I have another family. I was sort of friends with this girl in my Advanced Placement Psychology class and when I went to UNITED for the first time, she saw me. After that, we became best friends and continue to sit next to each other every Sunday. I have never felt more comforted. There was a time when I was completely balling my eyes out after a sermon and a lady I did not know rubbed my arm. For some reason, it was really comforting. I have made so many friends because of this church and I would not trade them for anything.

5. I love church softball.

I have never been that interested in softball. I watch baseball games and even went to a Major League Baseball game once. I did not even know there was a Kent County Church League. Ever since May 1st, my Monday and Friday nights have been dedicated to watching softball. I still do not understand it sometimes but I love watching my friends play and giving them endless support. I always look forward to games no matter how hot and humid it is outside. This season is coming to an end soon but I can not wait until next year.