5 Things I'm Thankful UIndy Has Given Me

119
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2017/12/18/636491634344576893-1526892106_IMG_5913.JPG

When I graduated High School, I had no idea how many opportunities there were waiting for me. Sure, everyone tells us how great College is and how much we'll get to experience, but we don't realize this until we actually get to that point in our lives.

I'm a Sophomore, majoring in Communications with a concentration in Journalism at the University of Indianapolis. After much debate about where I wanted to go to school, I visited UIndy and immediately knew it was where I belonged. I fell in love with the campus, the size of it, the academics, and the city.

After three semesters down, I've experienced more than I EVER thought I would. I've lived the typical dorm life, made life-long friends, I've taken great classes- and not so great classes, and I've made mistakes, but also found myself in different ways.

Here's five things I'm thankful that UIndy has given me:

1.The living on-campus experience

Living in a dorm had its pros and cons, but I’m really happy it’s what I did for my first two years. Living in a dorm has given me the chance to meet more people than I ever could’ve imagined. It’s taught me how to really respect others, talk and listen to others, and share with others. I’ve learned what it’s like to live with another person, in a small space. Not everyone enjoys dorm living, but personally- it was a great experience for me.

2.The education

One of the first things I loved about UIndy were the class choices. There were classes for every major, plus more. They have art, music and religion classes- classes we can take based on our interests. If someone doesn’t know what they want to do, they can take basic general education classes to help them get an idea. There’s options for everyone and that’s really awesome.

3.The life-long friends I’ve made

I’ve met SO many people, too many to name. I’ve met people who have changed my life for the better, whether I’m still friends with them or not. Each and every person I’ve come across has taught me a different lesson. UIndy has given me my friends that I will have for the rest of my life, (you know who you are) and for that- I could not be more thankful.

4.Learning to appreciate home

If I’m being honest, I could not wait to leave for college. I was so excited to be on my own and start a new life experience in a new city. One thing I soon realized though, was that college made me appreciate home even more. I couldn’t wait for breaks so I could see my family, be back in my own room, my hometown AND especially enjoy the home cooked meals by my parents.

5. The memories

After just a year and a half, I have so many memories already. From classes, professors, late night Taco Bell runs, weekends out- and so much more. UIndy has given me some of the best memories so far, and I cannot wait to make even more in the next few years.

I hope everyone in school is thankful for their college experience, as I am. UIndy has given me so many blessings and I just wanted to take the time to thank everyone who has helped me along this journey so far.